Snap to Grid

I installed V20 this morning and have managed to get my workspace setup back the way I like it. However, for some reason I cannot get snap to grid working, which I like to have on for electrical schematics. I have gone through all the snap and grid settings and they look to be the same as my settings in V19.

I must be missing something obvious, anyone have suggestions on where to look?

Comments

• Anthony Apostolaros
    edited October 2019

I don't use grid snap, and I don't have v20; but in v17 I think it's all controlled by these 5 variables: SnapMode, SnapStyl, SnapType, SnapUnit, and PolarDist (see attached image for those variables in the Settings dialog). So Snap has to be on, and there have to be units set for the type of snap that's selected.

I may be wrong, but I don't think the Grid settings have any impact on Snap. I think it's not really "grid snap" in the sense of snapping to the visible Grid, but just Snap. It can have its own (invisible) grid, or it apparently can use a polar system instead.

snap.png 399.4K
  • @Anthony Apostolaros said:
    I don't use grid snap, and I don't have v20; but in v17 I think it's all controlled by these 5 variables: SnapMode, SnapStyl, SnapType, SnapUnit, and PolarDist (see attached image for those variables in the Settings dialog). So Snap has to be on, and there have to be units set for the type of snap that's selected.

Thank you! Somehow I had missed that Snap type was set to [1] Polar snap instead of [0] Grid snap.

• Michael Mayer
    edited October 2019

And since V19 we have Adaptive Grid Snap.
    I think you need to deactivate that in Settings to get access to
    old fixed Grid Snapping ?