V20: Layer command, Layer dropdown in properties toolbar

I find the layer command now changes the properties toolbar to some layer choice thing. I have to close that toolbar and re -open it to get Properties Toolbar back to normal. Layer used to just launch the drawing explorer. Any way to avoid "LAYER" messing with properties toolbar?

Speaking of layers, the property toolbar layers dropdown is partially obscured.
Please see "layer dropdown obscured 20.png".
The column with the light bulb partially covers the properties toolbar. Any way to stop overlap, or just get rid of light bulb column?

System config:
Win 10 Home 64 bit
AMD Ryzen 5 2400G with Radeon Vega Graphics (AMD 15DD Graphics disabled in device manager)
Radeon RX 580 graphics card
Samsung UHD TV as monitor
Version 20.1.04 (x64) revision 70693, Platinum

Comments

• I think I should have said "Properties Panel" above, not 'properties toolbar'.

Another problem with Properties Panel: It obscures part of the drawing window. I would prefer that it sat beside the drawing window, not overlapping it.

• Both the Panel's & Toolbar's Layers invoke LA (layer) command.
    What I did is Customize Toolbars Layers changing the command to EXPLAYERS.
    Thus toolbar Layer Icon brings up the traditional Drawing Explorer Layers.

• @Eric Ratliff said:

Another problem with Properties Panel: It obscures part of the drawing window. I would prefer that it sat beside the drawing window, not overlapping it.

AFAIK there is a new Setting for V20.
    Weather the Palette floates or resizes View Window.
    EDIT :
    Not sure if it is in Settings.
    At least a right click on top of the right Panels opens some settings :
    under "Panel stacking" you will find some option.

• Michael Mayer, Thanks for telling me about right click for panel stacking. I get a different right click menu in V19. There are three choices and I like "Dockable stack with tabs" best because the light bulb column is gone. I like "Expands over drawing area" least because it sometimes hides the UCS icon. Note that it is covered in "panel stacking options.png".

In settings the variable is "STACKPANELTYPE".

Robt Deans, Thanks for suggesting Customize Toolbars Layers to do EXPLAYERS.

• Ah, so I think the panel options already existed in V19 or beyond.

• Michael, I find "STACKPANELTYPE" variable in V19, but it is read only, and equal to zero.

• I see, read only in V19.
    (Not yet implemented ?)

I am currently on V19 macOS.

I am not even sure if V19 already had that Shape-like Panel style.
    I thought it had, but at least diminished back to old style
    (Dockable Stack with Tabs)
    when I docked my Layer Panel into the lower half of that default
    right Panel.

• You can set it up (or at least check what you've created) with precision in Customize>Workspaces tab>choose workspace>Panels.