GROUP & UNGROUP

1. -GROUP and (Command)
    Provide an easy way to combine drawing objects, in AutoCAD by right clicking with individual block I can edit easily, that’s best and short way. in Brisa this option must do by command and little time consuming,
    UNGROUP(Command)
    AutoCAD- entities can be ungrouped easily without breaking entities,
    BricsCAD- explode command only available it breaks all entities (after explode it will convert from polygon to line, this is not good)

Comments

• Roy Klein Gebbinck
    edited August 2019

The _Explode option of the _-Group command is not equivalent to the _Explode command.

This may be of interest:
    http://www.b-k-g.nl/bkg_group.html

• The Group Manager from ToolPac has recently been made available as Freeware for BricsCAD Pro v13 (or higher) Windows. You may find this dialog based tool an easier way to manage groups and it brings additional functionality not found in CAD engines.

• @Terry Dotson

Hi Terry, I know you don't provide technical support for your freeware but for your information, I just downloaded Group Manager and was unable to make it work in V19.

The following is what it said on the command line after I located the 19b.dll using netload.

"Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'file:///C:\Program Files (x86)\Dotsoft\GroupManager\GroupManager19b.dll' or one of its dependencies. Operation is not supported. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131515)"

I had to create the path you mention in the html file as there was no installation only a zip file to download.

Many Thanks

• Things to consider:

• If you have problems NETLOADing, you may need to unblock the DLLs using Windows Explorer.
    • Netloading from network drives may fail, consider using a local drive/path (like C:\CADSTUFF).
    • After the first manual load, the add-on will automatically load for subsequent sessions.
    • All CAD sessions must be closed before DLLs can be deleted or updated.
    • You can safely delete any GroupManager##.dll you are not using.
  • @Terry Dotson

Thanks Terry, I forgot about unlocking .dll's, it works perfectly now, thanks for the routine and the help.

• Discovered the Delete button wasn't working, also added select all, clear all buttons. Download ZIP file revised.

• GroupManager updated with minor revisions, support for v20.