Mac dark mode looks wrong.

Hi,

I'm seeing a lot of UI issues since installing Bricscad a few days ago. Most notably the dark mode looks nothing like advertised (see attached).
A lot of secondary windows like the "add new layer to composition" simply do not function, and thus unusable.

I had tried Bricscad a few years ago, so I thought OK, lets nip this in the bud, uninstall, find everything "Bricscad" and delete it, re-install to see if that fixes things up.
Allas it does not, all the same issues persist.

So... Are these issues unique to my setup?
Does the dark Ui look like this on all Mac's?
Are the known issues with some secondary windows on Mac's? (A video can be provided of that behaviour if required).

Also, I clearly did not find and delete everything "Bricscad" before reinstall, as when reopening the reinstalled app, it remembers an awful lot of things I would not have expected it to, like template paths, profile etc, I'd definitely deleted the application support folder, and the bricsys folder from the root directory. Just wonder if some of the folders I clearly missed may hold the issue.

Any help appreciated.

Kind regards
Gary simpson

Comments

• Here's a short video showing an example of the secondary window UI issues as well:

https://www.doobox.co.uk/sharing/video/bc-ui-issue.mp4

• The dark mode is still a Work in Progress.
    And it is a huge task.
    Windows works best of course but there are still many
    issues on Mac or Linux.
    Like what you experienced, some fields where
    highlight background color = font color and such things.

So if you have such examples it is good if you file a Support Request.

Bricscad's Settings are stored hidden(!) on Mac (or Linux)
    You can find them in a Text File in your User Library :
    Volume ▸ ⁨User ▸ ⁨UserName ▸ ⁨Library⁩ ▸ ⁨Preferences⁩ ▸ ⁨.bricscad⁩ > config

You can create Backups of that "config" files or hide it temporarily
    before starting Bricscad, to see if problems are Settings related.
    If you hide or delete "config", Bricscad will create a new default "config"
    when starting.

• Thank you. I'v just tried starting without the config files in place, and while it starts a fresh, it sadly does not resolve the other issue in the video above.
    I will submit a bug report on that, and look forward to completion of the dark mode.