Text is no longer being filled in in my BricsCAD v14

I have a drawing, where all the True-Type text is now hollow, and is no longer filled in. Fonts like Arial, that should normally be filled in, are the issue.. Only this drawing and not others. I've checked Fillmode, Textfill, and both are on, and I have restarted BricsCAD.

It is reminiscent of when a viewport shows a hidden lines removed view. However, the problem mtext in question is in paper space. Mtext in modelspace, viewed through a viewport is filled in properly, if I set the viewport to 2D wireframe rendering.

If I create a copy of the tab, the new copy has the problem, but if I create a new tab from scratch, it does not.

So, it is some sort of setting for the particular tab. I know that paper-space itself, is a viewport.

I've run out of ideas to try.

-Joe

Comments

• I just realized that polylines are not filled in either.

-Joe

• Have you checked your FILL, FILLMODE, TEXTFILL variables?

• Roy Klein Gebbinck
    edited January 2020

Check the visual style of the layout's paperspace.

• Have you checked your FILL, FILLMODE, TEXTFILL variables?

Yes, all are set to ON.
    Robt, thanks for the reply, but FILL, FILLMODE, TEXTFILL, are all set to ON.

@Roy Klein Gebbinck said:
    Check the visual style of the layout's paperspace.

If I am on a paper space tab, and have no viewports selected, the Visual Style in the properties widow says "Hidden". However, it is greyed-out because you cannot set a visual style for paper space, and it will not permit me to change it. Though perhaps the paper space got set to hidden somehow, even though it should not be possible.

I was just preparing a drawing to demonstrate the problem, when the problem suddenly went away. Backtracking my actions, the problem went away when I changed one of the viewports from Hidden to 2D Wire frame. That apparently triggers some sort of internal check, that resets paperspace visual style to be 2D wire frame.

Anyway, for the curiosity seekers, here is the DWG with the problem still there.

-Joe

• Vaguely recall similar issue some time back.
    I suspect your changing viewport to 2D Wire frame resolved the issue.
    Also make sure view orientation is set to "Top".

• Roy Klein Gebbinck
    edited January 2020

Thanks for reporting back.

In V14 there are at least 2 ways to change the visual style of a layout's PS:

1. Use Quick Select and filter for viewports. The 'hidden' main PS viewport is also selected and it's visual style can be modified.
    2. Switch to the Model tab and click in the Visual Style field of the Properties Bar. After switch back to a layout tab the Visual Style drop down is still available and can be used.

These bugs were fixed in later versions.

• @Roy Klein Gebbinck said:
    Thanks for reporting back.

1. Use Quick Select and filter for viewports. The 'hidden' main PS viewport is also selected and it's visual style can be modified.
    2. Switch to the Model tab and click in the Visual Style field of the Properties Bar. After switch back to a layout tab the Visual Style drop down is still available and can be used.

Thanks for that. The problem keeps popping up occasionally, where the paperspace itself gets changed to hidden shade mode. The original solution that I stumbled across, of just changing one viewport, did not work today. But your method above did.

-Joe