How do I disable the Mechanical and BIM components in the trial version?

I'm considering Bricscad, specifically the Platinum edition, for a new custom wood products business I'm starting. To determine the suitability of the Platinum Edition, I'd like to remove or disable any functionality available only in the BIM and Mechanical editions. How can I do this?

If the functionality is missing (disabled/removed) I can't accidentally use a feature that won't be included in the edition I plan to purchase. Some features are more obvious, like the BIM edition's "HVAC and Structural Tool Sets" and I can just avoid them. I'm more interested in modeling functionality, assemblies, etc. and there doesn't seem to be a clear delineation around that functionality.

How do I get the trial version to behave like Bricscad Platinum - No Mechanical or BIM edition functionality?

Comments

• CADMebel
    edited January 2020

Even if You disable BIM and Mechanical they are all over the place causing clutter and confusion!
    Tabs on the ribbon stay, settings are there, commands are there! You at Bricsys made a big mess in the latest versions! Hexagon style I guess!

• Louis_Verdonck
    edited January 2020

Setting the license level to Platinum and choosing the Modeling workspace no BIM or Mechanical stuff will appear in toolbars, ribbon or Quad tabs. Since BricsCAD uses a single installer, containing all tools, you can open other toolbars or ribbon panels, but the BIM and Mecanical tools will not be recognized. BIM and Mechanical commands are not recognized by Autocomplete either.

• @Louis Verdonck said:
    Setting the license level to Platinum and choosing the Modeling workspace no BIM or Mechanical stuff will appear in toolbars, ribbon or Quad tabs. Since BricsCAD uses a single installer, containing all tools, you can open other toolbars or ribbon panels, but the BIM and Mecanical tools will not be recognized. BIM and Mechanical commands are not recognized by Autocomplete either.

Tried it with the latest trial. Running as Platinum and choosing Modeling workspace the BIM and Mechanical tabs on the ribbon stay. Typing bm at the command line turns autocomplete for all mechanical commands.