Block drawn on XY is inserted on XZ plane

I insert a WBlock (another DWG on disk, drawn in BricsCAD) and it inserts in the XZ plane and I'm looking at the edge of it, one pixel thick. I have to 3DROTATE about the X-Axis to get it oriented correctly. The preview when I navigate to the file in the insert dialog looks right. What I can see on screen after insertion is a horizontal line that's actually the length of an X-axis projection of the block drawing. I thought maybe I unintentionally drew on XZ when creating the block, but checked both the block drawing and the host drawing and both are in XY.

If I insert an old block originally done in ACAD it works correctly.

Comments

• Roy Klein Gebbinck
    edited March 2020

You should check if the objects in the block drawing are positioned correctly relative to the WCS. Open that drawing reset the UCS to the WCS and invoke the _Plan command.

• Try turning DUCS off down on the status bar. In V20, DUCS works in 2D & 3D.

Regards,
    Jason Bourhill
    BricsCAD V20 Ultimate
    CAD Concepts
  • Thanks, guys, you called it. Somehow I had set a UCS in the block drawing without realizing it. Set UCS to World, rotate the drawing into XY, move to Z=0, and all is right with the world again.