Trimmimg in Layout

I am facing an issue in paper space while applying trim command within closed polygons, after I have upgraded to BricsCAD V20 recently.

For example, if I trim a line within circle, it is not working properly and placing a line in model space instead.

Could you please, let me know how to solve this.

Comments

• Anthony Apostolaros
    edited March 2020

Trimming that line to that circle works fine for me, and nothing is transferred to modelspace. Are you using the built-in TRIM command, or some custom command? The only way I know of to move a line from paperspace to modelspace is with the CHSPACE command. Or by cut and paste.

• brickap
    edited March 2020

@Anthony Apostolaros said:
    Trimming that line to that circle works fine for me, and nothing is transferred to modelspace. Are you using the built-in TRIM command, or some custom command? The only way I know of to move a line from paperspace to modelspace is with the CHSPACE command. Or by cut and paste.

I use the command "tr". it is built in command. It all works in previous version 19. Not in version 20 only.

it places a line in model space, when i working with trim command in layout, especially in closed polygons. see my attachment.

• When you type TR, does Bricscad fill in the word TRIM? Or something else?

I can't tell anything about what happened from the drawing you attached. I see a line in modelspace, with the same angle but half the length of what might have been trimmed out of the center of the larger circle, but no idea how it got there. It's not in a location where the CHSPACE command would have put it using that viewport. A SelectAll tells me there are also 25 block references and 384 texts in modelspace, but I can't see any of them or select any by window or crossing.

• Thank you for your prompt reply.

It filled the word Trim. That for sure. I think there is a bug in V20 I installed. If i open the same file I attached, in v19, it works fine as normal and I tried previous versions too. It works fine, in except v20.

After purging in a fresh drawing layout, I drew a circle and create a line across it. Then I tried to trim the part of line inside that circle. It did not go as I wanted. Then I checked in model space, It put a line with same angle in model space. Earlier there was nothing in model space.

• That's very strange. If I were you, I'd file a support request, at https://www.bricsys.com/en-us/support/, giving them the file you posted and the detailed explanation you just wrote. It's also important to tell them the exact version of Bricscad you're using.

• Thank you so much for your guidance. I got the help from BricsCAD support team. They advised me to go with very latest update.

Now it is working fine.

Thanks again.