MESH / POLISURFACE VISUALIZATION

Hallo

I am trying to get abetter understanding on how to visualize meshes and polisurfaces in HIDDEN LINE VISUAL STYLE.

I am importing large furniture / joinery models from SKetchup (IFC or SKT or DWG) in bricscad for detailing and shop drawings but I cannot seem to be able to control the crease option in Hidden settings: I want to get rid of the facets above a certain angle but no matter what I try they never go away.
Attached file shows the imported file the second image shows the desired visual result I am looking for (for cleaner drawing).

I tried to use the "crease-angle option" to remove mesh the edges of the mesh or the polysurface: tried both with a low and high crease setting from 1 to 50 up to 179 but no change. I want to achieve something like in the second image (SIMPLIFIED RESULT WITH NO CREASES).
I tried with both meshes and surfaces.

Can you PLS advise what am I doing wrong ?

thanks in advance

Luca

Comments

• Hallo
    Any feedback on this ?

thanks

Luca

• If the model is made up of planar faces the crease angle setting has no effect.
    Unlike a mesh modeler BricsCAD will display all face edges in the hidden line visual style.

• chowluca
    edited April 2020

Thanks Roy

This is important to us as we model concept in Sketchup and we often need to insert mesh details such as classical decor or furniture blocks with pillows modelled in mesh. We would like to obtain a visual hidden line rapresentation of a mesh without showing the entire mesh but only a boundary. I managed to obtain this by setting the Edges > Show option to None inside the Visualstyles setting (see attached image, on the right) but this also hides all other internal edges for all solids and faces because it applies to ALL edges not only to mesh.

Is there a way to apply this option ONLY to mesh faces without affecting 3D Solid and 3Dfaces?
    Hope this makes sense.

This would be a HUGE plus for our sections and interior elevations rapresentation as we would simply change visual style.

Thanks

Luca

• If you have a Platinum license you can use components as a workaround. Components can be displayed with their own visual style.
    You would need to create one or more separate drawings for the meshes, _BmInsert them into your model, and apply a custom Hidden style to those components.

• Thanks

this is helpful.

regards

Luca