UCS views

I know it's possible in Bricscad to set a UCS to a model that is on an angle and a slope of a model.
However is it possible to save that UCS as a 'default' so that when I use the view widget in the top left for 'PLAN' 'FRONT VIEW' etc, I get a view square on to the model based on my 'default' UCS.
Also so the 'UCSFOLLOW' always shows the square on view to my 'default' UCS?
Microstation's variable is 'ACS Plane' and I am looking for something the same in Bricscad.

thx

Comments

• With the _View command you can save and restore views. The UCS is stored with the view.

• Thanks for your reply Roy, but I know that. What I am asking is if there is a way of having a saved UCS act the same way as the world UCS does when I use the view widget in the top left corner of my attached JPG.
    TIA

• Hi Ian
    The LookFrom feature has two modes: WCS and UCS. Right click the widget to set the current mode.

• @Louis Verdonck said:
    The LookFrom feature has two modes: WCS and UCS. Right click the widget to set the current mode.

Marvelous! It even works with DUCS in effect, then goes back to the current UCS!

• Thanks Louis.
    There always seems to be a feature available in Bricscad somewhere........excellent.
    thx

• Greetings!
    Does anyone have an idea how to resolve this situation with UCS coordinate system (see photo attached).
    It simply became so (I don't remember changing it) and now, when inserting blocks, I cant get blocks alined with world UCS via, let's say, Y axis (see photo). UCS is currently set to World.
    Thank you!

• Looks like you have View's perspective mode enabled.
    From what I see in the pictures, I think it would look right
    if perspective off.