generated section misc name is different between bricscad version v20 and v19

Whenever I generate a section from a model in Bricscad Bim version 19 .. for example if the section name is (1) .. it is generated as block name (1).
On the other half in Bricscad Bim version v20 . for example if the section name is (1) .. it is generated as block name (1)__section__drawingname.dwg

Can you explain this please.
I finding it really hard to work with v20 that way.
I attached photos explaining this.

Comments

• Hello Su Nsr,

The naming convention of generated section result blocks had indeed changed between V19 and V20. The reason of this change is to make sure that the section result block is not overwritten when two sections with the same name are generated. In V19, two sections with the same name would overwrite the same section result block, while in V20 they will be generated as separate section result blocks.

We are interested to understand why it is hard for you to work that way in V20. Can you please explain this in more detail? Please feel free to file a support request at: https://www.bricsys.com/en-eu/support/.

Kind regards,
    Tiemen

• Thank you for responding so fast. I understand.
    The reason I find it hard to work in V20. Is because I work on a certain project and I create versions of this project by changing its name.. ex: project1-v01.dwg and then project1-v02.
    and the exported sections are generated to project1-work-v01 and so on.
    Whenever I change a version.
    The section exported is not sitting on the same as before. it just creates one more section that I have to drag above the other with all its annotations and dimensions.
    one way to work In your method is to create xref with the section generated and to repath with the new one.
    I prefer the old method where the name of the section doesn't change when changing versions.

• I can see both use cases being prevalent. The user should be allowed to choose the names of generated blocks, and be given proper warning if (and only if) a block with the same name already exists in the target file, with the choice to overwrite if desired.

The block names I've gotten are even worse: "Floor 1__section__..%5Cdrawingname.dwg"