Script for data entry in BIM objetcs

Hi every one,
I have an issue with informations entry for a huge quantity of objects . To make it clear I need to specify, for example, operating pressure, power, dimensions, weights, type of motor and many other details for a great numner of pumps and fans. Usually is a manual data entry , each pump at the time but in this way it risks to be not feasible from the time and quality output point of view.

Logically it is very simply is somenthing like: Select object ifcGuid=21zzElJE172QiE36m6OQ4B; write "300 liters" where property column=New Property-24

I have no idea of what should be the sintax to do that, can anyone give me some suggestions? An Idea on which working on?

The all idea is to create an Excell sheet with the object information compiled and linked to its ifcGuid. Then write a script that allows to inport all the informations in the right field inside BricsCAD

I had a look of other topics on the forum but it doesn't look related to this. I attach also a couple of pictures to better explain what I mean.

Thanks for any suggestion that you can give me to pursue this objective!
Regards
Jacopo!

Comments

• There is a BIM API available via LISP that should help you achieve what you're after.

Regards,
    Jason Bourhill
    BricsCAD V20 Ultimate
    CAD Concepts

• @Jason Bourhill Many thanks, I suppose that LISP is the "coding language for BricsCAD and what you share is a sort of funtions library? is it?

• @Jacopo said:
    @Jason Bourhill Many thanks, I suppose that LISP is the "coding language for BricsCAD and what you share is a sort of funtions library? is it?

LISP is one of the API available. I mentioned it as it happened to have some documentation on tools that you can use to access BIM data in your model. You can chose from multiple programming options to interact with BricsCAD, these are also discussed in the developer help.

Regards,
    Jason Bourhill
    BricsCAD V20 Ultimate
    CAD Concepts