Print As PDF.pc3: this plotter configuration cannot be used. Either driver or device cannot be found

MAC user. Can't print... nothing works (beside export as pdf) all print related commands don't work

Comments

• @jifa
    Also noticed how much "fun" it was creating PDFs in BCAD.
    Here is my solution, don’t remember how I ended up w/it, but I do remember spending quite a bit of time coming to this solution after trying a number of different options, that did not work to my satisfaction.
    Attached: Lisp routine
    PDF-Brics.lsp (edit as needed for your usage)
    PC3 file: Brics PDF 8-23-2018.pc3 (Output device)
    Rename the *.txt file by removing the ".txt" so it reverts to a *.pc3 file, should be able to use it in BCAD to create the PDFs, or at least open the file in PRINT dialog box to see how it was defined.
    Hope this helps.
    Mike

• Sorry, just noticed all you could do was create PDFs, my bad not reading your post more clearly.
    Not sure what you need to do.

• @MDunn, Yes all I can so is export to PDF, but I can't use the print dialog at all. when I press print- I get this msg:
    "Print As PDF.pc3: this plotter configuration cannot be used. Either driver or device cannot be found"
    page setup doesn't open as well.
    I don't know what to do next :|

• MDunn
    edited May 2020

If you type PRINT, don't you get the Print dialog box w/ the option to select the printer, paper size, Plot style table, etc?
    This is assuming you have access to the Command Line to type the PRINT command, instead of clicking on Print icon button.
    Are you using the Command Line?

• no, When i type print this is the msg I get: "Print As PDF.pc3: this plotter configuration cannot be used. Either driver or device cannot be found"
    no dialog box.

• Not sure why the dialog box is missing, does not make sense.