insert component buggy

as you can see in the video shape seems to be very confused about where to place the doors

https://drive.google.com/file/d/10A_cup4VLZCW_XhWk1eV4FW32ymXUfAU/view

as I stated before in other posts I really like the new approach to cad 2D and 3D but Shape has so many childish issues it makes it hard to promote as a competitor or replacement for Autocad and sketchup

Comments

• It might help to hit the shift key once the correct reference face highlights (thereby locking it) , and then to pay attention to where the snap marker displays (should be on the reference face) before selecting the insertion point. But I agree that these problems should not arise.

• @Knut Hohenberg said:
    It might help to hit the shift key once the correct reference face highlights (thereby locking it) , and then to pay attention to where the snap marker displays (should be on the reference face) before selecting the insertion point. But I agree that these problems should not arise.

Ah that is a nice tip!

After clicking Shape positions the component where it wants but at least it is on the right face.