v21.1.04, 05 Jumpy Cursor

Upon opening BCad mouse cursor is "jumpy" (as if grid snaps were active).
Rendering program unusable for ~15 seconds before I can work.
Upgraded laptop to v21 as well. I have to wait a full minute!
This phenomenon is unique to v21. No problem with v20 or any previous versions.
Is this recognized by anyone else?

Comments

• Yes, I've seen the same in v21.1.05 on Windows 10. Seems to launch a little faster than v20 did, although I never timed it. But then upon opening the first drawing of a session there's a bit of wait before the cursor works properly, as you said.

So did @Patrik Sparrman here:

Ok when starting the program it opens fairly quickly but the mouse jumps around on the drawing like with a large invisible snap that renders it useless for appr 15 sec.
    Then it releases and everything is fine.

I don't detect the cursor lag on opening subsequent drawings in a session, just the first.

• Owen Wengerd
    edited November 2020

If you have a 3d mouse driver installed, what you see is mouse menu initialization in the background. Before V21 this was done in the foreground, so you could do nothing at all until it was finished. In V21 it takes longer to complete, but the application is not completely frozen. Perhaps we need to tweak the algorithm, for example make it take longer but be more responsive; or the opposite, less responsive but finish faster. BTW, you can set CTRL3DMOUSE=0 to turn the 3d mouse off.

• CTRL3DMOUSE=0 Brilliant!
    Thanks much.