How to 3D constrain height of domed cylinder

I have UNIONed a cylinder to a sphere. This is part of modeling a button head socket cap screw. I cannot seem to create a constraint for the height of the cylindrical portion.

I am using ver 19 with Platinum license. Note that the plain cylindrical head can have a distance constraint.

Any suggestions? I am thinking about using two separate solids. One for the cylindrical portion and one for the hemisphere. I would prefer to keep as one solid though.

Comments

1. Start the _dmDistance3d command without a pre-selection.
    2. Select the 'Measurement mode' option.
    3. And then select 'Central point'.
    4. Select the circular edge at the bottom of the hemisphere as the first entity.
    5. Select the bottom face of the cylinder as the second entity.
  • Hi Roy,
    Thanks for commenting at my accidental duplicate posting. I got a 'server error' which made me think I had not posted.

I don't get any "Measurement mode" option. I see that option in V18 commend ref and V19 help pdf. But it does not come up for me.

• It seems that the options are there, but have been renamed:
    'Measurement mode' -> 'Use as'
    'Central point' -> 'Center'

• Roy,
    I think the option names have changed. This sequence worked. I think it is the same thing you suggested, but with different command option names.
    **: DMDISTANCE3D
    Select a first entity or specify [Use as/WOrld/BLock]:u
    Specify how to use the argument [Boundary/Axis/Center/Vertex] :c
    Select a first entity or specify [Use as/WOrld/BLock]:
    Select a second entity or specify [Use as/WOrld/BLock]:'rtrot

Press ENTER or Esc to complete, or right-click to display context menu....

Cancel
    Select a second entity or specify [Use as/WOrld/BLock]:
    Specify distance value <1.1911>:**
    Thank you.