massprop voilume dimension

I made a cube 12"X12"X12" and massprop volume reads 144' not 1728 cu in or 1728 in³
How can I get this to read properly?

Comments

• Which version and revision of BricsCAD are you using? In V21 Ultimate it works as it should, it gives either 1ft³ or 1728 in³ depending on whether ft is enabled or not.

You may want to check the unit settings for volume and area to see if there is something odd. It looks like it is showing the area instead of volume unless for some reason BricsCAD thinks there is no volume to report.

Could you share a sample file showing the issue?

• Please note that the OP is talking about the _MassProp command. I can confirm the issue for V18. It is related to the LUNITS setting. The error occurs if LUNITS is 3 (Engineering) or 4 (Architectural).

• RSW
    RSW
    edited November 2020

Thanks for clarifying Roy, in that case I managed to reproduce the issue as well in V21 when using the _MassProp command from the command line with LUNITS is 3, setting it to e.g. decimal [2] solved the issue.

The odd thing is that when using the Mass Properties button from the ribbon does not show this issue in V21 when LUNITS is set to e.g. 3, though I would expect that it should in theory behave the same as the command line command.

• Using V 19 Platnum....LUNITS Change has not worked

• RSW
    RSW
    edited November 2020

LUNITS is still set at 4 in your drawing, setting it to 1, 2 or 5 first and then do a massprop does give 1728 as a result for volume.

I happened to have V19 still installed and it works there too if you set LUNITS (Linear Units in settings dialog) to 1, 2 or 5 before usiing the massprop command..

When it is set to 3 or 4 you will encounter the problem with the massprop command as you described in your original post.

• It worked!!!! Thank You, Thank You! Thank You!!