Pline editing vertexes

It does not go to the next point when I hit "N" while editing planes. Is this broken or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,
Russell

Comments

• Maybe there is no next vertex, IOW the current vertex is the last one.

• Just made a brand new drawing. Used pline and drew a square then tried it. It will not go to the next or previous vertex (just in case it was the last one)

• betazero
    edited November 2020

ok wait...it goes to the next one but does not show any indication as to what vertex its on. Is there a way to turn this on/show it?

• You mean it displays an X at the first vertex, but when you enter an "N" the X stays at the first vertex? Or is it that the X disappears? And yet you know the vertex selection has moved on because PEDIT allows you to edit the newly selected vertex?

• I am used to Autocad where it displays your current vertex. It is going to the next vertex but there is no graphic representation for what vertex your are on. The X never moves.

• I get an X that moves to current vertex, and a triangle that indicates the start vertex. Same in v20 and v21, on Windows.

If you look in the Properties panel under Geometry, polylines have a numbered Vertex property. Clicking on or changing that value should also display an X on the current vertex (but no triangle at vertex 1). Does the X also fail to display when you try that Properties field?

• What version are you running?
    I am in V21 and followed your process and was able to replicate exactly without incident.
    Let me know what else you find.

-Craig

@betazero said:
    I am used to Autocad where it displays your current vertex. It is going to the next vertex but there is no graphic representation for what vertex your are on. The X never moves.

• V20 because I am on Mac.

• In v13 and v17, I see the exact acad-like behavior that you described and that Craig said he sees in v21. Maybe there's a bug or different protocol in the Mac version? You could check with other Mac users in the Mac category forum, and/or file a support request.

• aridzv
    edited April 2021

APERTURE Variable control's it.
    Thanks,
    Ari.