Adding notes to dimensions keep vanishing

Is there a special way to add notes next to a dimension in Bricscad? Every time I move the dimension it looses the note.

Comments

• NM I figured it out. I have to put <> in the text override area and \p if I want an enter. Is this required in V21 too? I prefer the more natural way of just adding it to the dimension.

• Double click the dimension text, put the cursor after the dimension text and type away.

• Na that vanishes if I move the dim. Maybe its fixed in V21

• Note: I mean double click the text in the drawing window. I am using V18.

• betazero
    edited December 2020

Yea I have done that added text but then if I move the Dim the text vanishes. Or if I regen the drawing that all vanish...painfull

• @betazero, I don't know how you are adding the text but if I do as Roy suggested, I don't have any trouble stretching or moving the dimension.

Attached is a screengrab, using V21, but it works the same on V20 & V19.

Hope that helps.

• Hmm ok so then there lies my next problem...I cant double click on dimensions most of the time. I have been using the edit command which doesn't leave the dimension as a field and vanishes. I did get it to work when double clicking works though. By the way I am on Bricscad v20 for Mac so maybe it works differently ? Restarting Bricscad makes it work again until it doesn't...

• @betazero said:
    I have been using the edit command which doesn't leave the dimension as a field and vanishes.

What command have you been using? To edit dimension text you use DDEDIT. Actually this is the command that is invoked when you double click on a dimension.

You can also do basic edits of dimension text from the PROPERTIES Bar. Look for Text override at the bottom of the Text property group.

Regards,
    Jason Bourhill
    BricsCAD V21 Ultimate
    CAD Concepts

• Changed my lisp routine for 'ed' from textedit to ddedit. Seems to be a nice workaround if double click stops working.

Thank you!