Mass properties in titleblock

Dear Community,

I have tried the BricsCAD and I think the 30-days period is not enough for real trial. But we have this.
During this period I have the most issues with generating drawing titleblock.
I'm mechanical engineer, so if I buy the software I would use the mechanical license level.
When I generated a part and added material property, I was able to check mass, volume, etc. with the mass properties dialog. How can I add these data to a drawing as a field?
I have found the BOM table can generate partlist with mass, but if I want to create part drawing, this function not works.

Thanks,
Laszlo

Comments

• I know this request is old. But, for future readers, know that your BricsCAD dealer can extend the time for the trail versions, if you ask them.

-joe

• @kecskes said:
    I have found the BOM table can generate partlist with mass, but if I want to create part drawing, this function not works.

You can't do this in the part file itself with the existing tools/commands as far as I know unless you start programming in LISP, you have to insert the part into another drawing with mechanical structure (i.e. basically make it a one part assembly) and then you can use the BOM to create that information for that one part and put that in the drawing.

You may want to file a feature request for this in case you have purchased Mechanical and have not yet done this if you want to create a table in the part drawing itself that can show this information instead of having to use the above workaround.

• Thank you guys for feedback. Both of you has given valuable infromation.
    I think I make a next trial round with the new version of BricsCAD as the new linux version is released. I'm sure I'm not able programming in LISP, so I try the one-part-assembly method. I'm sure, I will purchase the software earlier than upgrade my skill in LISP. :smiley:

@RSW said:

@kecskes said:

You can't do this in the part file itself with the existing tools/commands as far as I know unless you start programming in LISP, you have to insert the part into another drawing with mechanical structure (i.e. basically make it a one part assembly) and then you can use the BOM to create that information for that one part and put that in the drawing.

You may want to file a feature request for this in case you have purchased Mechanical and have not yet done this if you want to create a table in the part drawing itself that can show this information instead of having to use the above workaround.