Coping/notching wide flange beam V21 mech

I'm trying to find a quick way to notch/cope a beam to fit into an angle which is rolled. Tried L connect and
T connect, extrusion with limit option but couldn't get it to work. Got it done with a lot "nip and tuck".

Anyone want to take a stab at this, I'm sure somebody can do faster than I can. See attached files.

Comments

• I'm not aware of a method to produce the result you have using only a single command or two. However, using a few direct modeling operations—maybe what you meant by "nip and tuck"—didn't take too long to make the desired notch. Then, once I'd done it once, Propagate let me rapidly apply it, or mirrored options, to all the other beam ends.

• Propagate is part of the BIM "fork" of Bricscad I assume? I'd have to upgrade to Ultimate to take advantage of it which I may do.
    It took me more than a few commands to do it but that's due to my ignorance more than anything else.

• Michael Mayer
    edited March 2021

Propagate, I thought it would be included in all higher versions of Bricscad ?
    But yes, at least it is included in Bricscad BIM.

I am not sure if Propagate would always correctly work in such special situations
    (I am confident that the Support Team is willing to improve or fix unexpected things though)

But from what I tried with mostly standard situations, Propagate and all those other AI
    features in Bricscad are totally impressing. Not always intuitively to use for me, but when
    I did it right, I am always totally impressed again of how it worked.

• Tried a few more examples. Straight connections using "T" connect command no problem. When the angle
    is rolled it gives the error "too few entities chosen" or similar. I can use subtract, extrude and etc. but it's
    very tedious. Will forward to support staff and get their take on this.