Automatic loading of applications and adaptation menu.

Hello everyone!

I just recently got to know BrisCAD and am trying to port my applications to it.
Autodesk has a convenient batch upload mechanism - BUNDLE.

Does brics have something similar? Or how can you implement this?

I am writing in Lisp. I collect the installer using WiX

Comments

• There is no truly automatic launch in Brics. I am writing plugins in .Net and I had to make a page with instructions for users on how to run plugins.
    https://sites.google.com/site/avcplugins/download
    I think you can create an installer that will write the correct launch line to the file "appload.dfs" (C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Roaming\Bricsys\BricsCAD\V21x64\en_US\appload.dfs).
    There is also no .Net API for downloading CUIX-files (or CUI). I have to call the LISP command from the command line from my program
    doc.SendStringToExecute( "(if (eq (menugroup \"" + name + "\") nil) (command \"_CUILOAD\" \"" + file + "\")) " , false, true, false);
    However, the API is rapidly evolving, it may already be possible to load the CUI.

• If you look through the Lisp Developer Support Package (LDSP)
    https://www.bricsys.com/applications/a/?lisp-developer-support-package-(ldsp)-a720-al1176
    you will see that BricsCAD allows you to register your LISP application to demanload. You could get WIX to create the necessary registry key during install, or build a LISP tool to do it.

Regards,
    Jason Bourhill
    BricsCAD V21 Ultimate
    CAD Concepts

• Thanks Jason it worked out.
    Now I check the existence of a directory with version 17 in two languages, and if they are, I write there. If the user then installs another version of BrixCAD, the application will not be loaded into it.
    Is the solution correct? Or create and write to all possible directories without checking?

• Hello,

there is another Registry location, which work language-independent, which is not mentioned in LDSP docs :
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Bricsys\ObjectDRX\V21x64
    (same in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, user-independent)

"V21x64" is the current version, could be any V20, V19, ... etc. version
    so you can add the same keys + sub-keys there as well ... then, the loading of app modules should work in any language version installed.

hope this will help ?
    many greetings !

• @Torsten Moses said:
    Hello,

there is another Registry location, which work language-independent, which is not mentioned in LDSP docs :
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Bricsys\ObjectDRX\V21x64
    (same in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, user-independent)

"V21x64" is the current version, could be any V20, V19, ... etc. version
    so you can add the same keys + sub-keys there as well ... then, the loading of app modules should work in any language version installed.

hope this will help ?
    many greetings !

Hello.

I tried
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Bricsys\ObjectDRX\V21x64\Applications\MyApplicationName\Loader
    and
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Bricsys\ObjectDRX\V21x64\MyApplicationName\Loader
    and
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Bricsys\ObjectDRX\V21x64\Loader
    and changed
    ObjectDRX one to ObjectARX
    Loading didn't work :-(

• Hello,

at least, the name for the ObjectDrx key is :

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Bricsys\ObjectDRX\V21x64\Applications

(it is the counterpart for AutoCAD's "ObjectDbx", for us it is "ObjectDrx")

I will check whether our "ObjectDrx" part supports VBA and Lisp (BRX + NET modules are originally supported as in AutoCAD, support for VBA and Lisp is a BricsCAD extension) ... will keep you updated here.

many greeitngs !

• mdelanno
    edited April 2021
    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Bricsys\ObjectDRX\V21x64\Applications\YourApplicationName]
    "Loader"="C:\\Temp\\YourAssembly.dll"
    "Managed"=dword:00000001
    "LoadCtrls"=dword:00000002
    "Description"="Your description"`

Where LoadCtrls = 2 is loading at startup.