Contour labels - is it possible to add Contour labels to Contour linens extracted from a Tin surface

Hi.
I'm using the TinExtract -> Contours to extract the contour lines from a Tin surface.
is it possible to add Contour labels to those contour lines?
I'm using Version 21.2.02-1 (x64)
thanks,
Ari.

Comments

• DotSoft's MapWorks will let you label the displayed contours in a BricsCaD v21 TinSurface object, you don't even need to extract them! All of it's Surface and Alignment tools work directly with the new BricsCAD Civil objects!

• @Terry Dotson said:
    DotSoft's MapWorks will let you label the displayed contours in a BricsCaD v21 TinSurface object, you don't even need to extract them! All of it's Surface and Alignment tools work directly with the new BricsCAD Civil objects!

@Terry Dotson Hi and thanks for the reply.
    have a look on this autocad add-on:
    https://apps.autodesk.com/ACD/en/Detail/Index?id=1924449314298874554&appLang=en&os=Win32_64
    do you have something like this including pricing?
    thanks,
    Ari.

• I just checked, BricsCAD's TinExtract Contours is creating LwPolys (the proper type) and the lisp you posted labels them, although it doesn't give you much control.

Sorry, we don't sell separate tools like the one you provided a link to.

• @aridzv said:
    is it possible to add Contour labels to those contour lines?
    thanks,
    Ari.

I don't know if it already is possible in some way,
    but if not, I think this a viable question to file a Support/Feature Request ....

• @Michael Mayer
    I already did a few days ago.
    Still no respond...
  • Maybe you want to look at Spatial Manager also.

• It can take a while.
    And if it takes very long - it may be very difficult ....
    (If I watch the SR numbers in each release notes, some low
    SR numbers feel like being decades old - hope will never die)

• @Hans Lammerts
    I did looked on Spatial Manager.
    But the pricing is out of the order at the moment.
  • aridzv
    edited April 2021

O.K.
    Here is a lisp that do it (see attached lsp file).
    regards,
    Ari.

• aridzv
    edited April 2021

@Michael Mayer said:

I don't know if it already is possible in some way,
    but if not, I think this a viable question to file a Support/Feature Request ....

@Michael Mayer
    Update: Bricscad support team did responded and said that at the moment they don't plan to crate a labeling tool.
    so LISP it is...

• ^ Thanks for the update .... though.

• arora2deepak
    edited January 2022

I just checked, BricsCAD's TinExtract Contours is creating LwPolys (the proper type) and the lisp you posted labels them, although it doesn't give you much control.

-links removed-

• aridzv
    edited April 2021

@arora2deepak said:
    I just checked, BricsCAD's TinExtract Contours is creating LwPolys (the proper type) and the lisp you posted labels them, although it doesn't give you much control.

1. about converting the lisp - this lisp dose deal with Lwpolys, so no problem there.
    2. about you're remark "although it doesn't give you much control.": Beggars can not be picky... :smile:
    3. the lisp allow to control the text size and text offset from the contour line, and it is reasonable...