V20 Seems well

I have been doing some significant development on V20.2.10 Linux. It seems to be functioning well with very few issues.
One annoyance is the tool bars keep changing on their own. I have not quite got that figured out yet.

I copied the cui files over to a different directory to see if I can copy them back as needed.

Comments

• Hi @Cnut,

I am using BricsCAD (Ultimate V20 and V21) on Linux (KDE) since little more than a year now, and so far, quite happy with it.

Could you upload some pictures, to show what is the problem? Because with your current explanation, I am not sure of the issue.

• Escain, Thanks for responding.
    Here is a picture, it happened again this morning. I have been stopping and starting BricsCAD often. 50 times per day beta testing my application. I opened up my example and all of the toolbars are gone or moved, just a different setup. In the past, I have set everything back to default, deleting my custom toolbars, then I learned to create a custom cui file and reload them.

• One annoyance is the tool bars keep changing on their own.

Yes.
    Experienced that to since I started testing Bricscad in 2014 (?)
    Customizations and GUI in general are still not stable, or on the Windows level,
    in Linux and Mac versions of Bricscad.

I personally gave up and avoid any deeper UI customizations and just reactivate
    my disappearing or changing Palettes on Mac/Linux every now and then ....

• I copied my default.cui file when the toolbars were working to a master copy. I just copied the working default.cui back and the toolbars are visible again. I hope this is the fix. I think the cui file is getting corrupt.

This is great BricsCAD runs on Linux! I don't mind a few annoyances if there are easy fixes.

• Hohoo! I see.
    To be honest, I work mostly with "Ribbon" and have only one of those toolbars, and so far it seems to stay in place. Indeed seems like a bug.

Do you have some of the toolbars produced by a plugin? ( I just wonder if it could be related to the plugin loading order)
    I would just report the bug.

This is great BricsCAD runs on Linux! I don't mind a few annoyances if there are easy fixes.

Yes, and no: as we are less using Linux, it seems also important to kindly report bugs, so it can improve.

• @Escain said:

>

Do you have some of the toolbars produced by a plugin? ( I just wonder if it could be related to the plugin loading order)
    I would just report the bug.

No plugin. I created a custom cui file because after I set everything back to default, BricsCAD deleted my custom toolbar.