Coordination Structure and Architecture

Hello everyone,

I have a question about project compatibility, specifically between structure and architecture. How you do in BricsCAD BIM when you receive a structure plan or a IFC structural model that will serve to update the architecture and carry out its coordination. I would like to know what procedures you adopt when you receive the plans for project coordination.

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Hi Maurilio,
    If you want to regularly want to import a model for coordination you can do this by importing the IFC file as an Xref. You first import the IFC model in an empty drawing and then use this drawing as an Xref in your model. You can classify this Xref as an BIM Xref entity to show all content in the structure browser.

You can do the same with 2d drawings and use them as underlay.

The advantage of working with Xref is that you don't 'pollute' your model with foreign blocks and layers.

• @Piet said:
    Hi Maurilio,
    If you want to regularly want to import a model for coordination you can do this by importing the IFC file as an Xref. You first import the IFC model in an empty drawing and then use this drawing as an Xref in your model. You can classify this Xref as an BIM Xref entity to show all content in the structure browser.

You can do the same with 2d drawings and use them as underlay.

The advantage of working with Xref is that you don't 'pollute' your model with foreign blocks and layers.

Thanks, Piet,

Regarding IFC file works fine, but do this coordination with structural 2d plan x architectural 3d model, it takes a lot of time to set a plan in the correct level and visualize conflicts to point to good coordination?
    For example, I have a lot o Level 5 entities select and isolate, and I insert a struct-2d-plan that I have to elevate and verify in 3d views what is happening.
    This is the way that you've been doing?
    Thanks for your contribution.