Revit import

Hi, I have the extension to import/export different extensions.

However, when I import a revit package from Wavin https://www.wavin.com/nl-nl/catalogus/binnenriolering/geluidsarm-afvoeren/wavin-as (I cannot add it since the file is too large) and import it in bricscad I only get a couple of strange objects (see screenshot). How to import it the correct way?!

Comments

• Hi Bas,

I don't know which version of BricsCAD you are using, but I tried to import a .rvt file from that site to BricsCAD V21, and noticed that the import is indeed incomplete (it was another file than yours, but I got similar results).

However, we will include many improvements to the .rvt import in the upcoming V22 release (to be released end of October). When trying with a V22 beta version, all geometry seems to be imported correctly. (see picture).

In the meantime, you can try an alternative approach: open the file in Revit, export to .ifc, and import the .ifc file in BricsCAD.

Hopefully this helps.

Best regards,
    Ruben

• @RubenDBricsys said:

In the meantime, you can try an alternative approach: open the file in Revit, export to .ifc, and import the .ifc file in BricsCAD.

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunate I don't have Revit. Another solution for this moment?