Structural Steel Profiles

Hi, Is there anyway to remove the "standard" where using the bimify command to set up 2D drawings. In other words instead of having EURO IPE 200 next to a member in the sheet you can have IPE 200 (without the Euro standard added)?

Comments

• I am more than a few versions old at v14. But, BricsCAD certainly shows its inexperience with U.S. markets in the standards. E.g. in v14 the smaller screw sizes are shown as a decimal value rather than gauge numbers, which can make it difficult to choose the screw you want. I eventually abandoned their fasteners in favor of my own, since I didn't need or want each thread and tiny detail modeled.

-Joe

• Hi Kelluck,
    In bricscad you have indeed standard/name/size. What do you want to achieve, showing IPE200 in a tag on a sheet? This is possible by showing only the name and the size. And in v22 we introduce the use of field to create tags. This allows a better controle on concatenating strings.

But if you really want full control on the naming of your profile you could generate your own library based on a csv file (then you can only use the name field and not use the size).
    More info you can find here:
    AppData\Roaming\Bricsys\BricsCAD\V22x64\en_US\Support\Bim\Profiles

• Great to hear. I was more than a little put-out when I realized the decimal labels on fasteners were embedded in v14 mechanical, and that made it mostly useless for me. I ended up just creating my own library of solid models of fasteners, since there weren't that many I needed. In fact, I think that was an important motivating factor that kept me from learning Mechanical. But, BricsCAD has certainly been keeping busy with updates and upgrades over the years.

• Kelluck
    edited October 2021

Piet you are correct, I only want to show the IPE200 not the Standard e.g. EURO or SAIC. Convention here is just to show the member type and size .
    I'll check out the ;ink you gave-thanks.
    If I understand it correctly, one can edit the CSV file to exclude the" standard and will achieve what i want?

• Ian Johnson
    edited October 2021

Peit,

The profiles are stored in the AppData\Roaming\Bricsys\BricsCAD\V20x64\en_US\Support\metric.bsyslib file and therefore should not that be the file that needs to be edited?

I have managed to create .csv files and export those into the metric.bsyslib however I dont know which table to edit in the metric.bsyslib so that I dont get the standard name in front of the profile size. I would also like to change the profile tag in the properties panel from "AS UB 200x25.4" to "200UB25".
    Can you explain which table needs to be edited?

I am using V20.

thx Ian

• @Ian Johnson said:
    Peit,

The profiles are stored in the AppData\Roaming\Bricsys\BricsCAD\V20x64\en_US\Support\metric.bsyslib file and therefore should not that be the file that needs to be edited?

I have managed to create .csv files and export those into the metric.bsyslib however I dont know which table to edit in the metric.bsyslib so that I dont get the standard name in front of the profile size. I would also like to change the profile tag in the properties panel from "AS UB 200x25.4" to "200UB25".
    Can you explain which table needs to be edited?

I am using V20.

thx Ian

I am going to save a backup copy, then try editing it to see if Ican get what I want, if this is the file that BIM uses to place the member and tag then by removing the "Standard" part of the line it may work.
    I'll let you know