Bricscad V22 crashes when trying to create BIM project

Bricscad V22 will fatally crash when trying to set up a new BIM project. This happens every time, completely unable to use BIM projects.

Anyone else having these issues???

Comments

• I had seen this too, at least on Mac.

And as I am on M1 Mac with macOS Monterey my V22 is constantly crashing
    for no matter which task. So basically not as stable as a Blender Alpha version.

Interestingly V22 is crashing for me too on a Windows PC more often than
    expected. So far I was used that Bricscad on Windows 10 behaves like any
    normal App.

• It's been performing very well for us so far. This was the really first big issue I've come across. Pretty big.

• Project creation crashed for me one time.
    After opening Bricscad and file again I was able to use it.

• Are you using an add-on application in BricsCAD? I use one that can cause a crash when opening a file by double-clicking on the file to open BricsCAD. If I open that file from within BricsCAD then it is fine.
    If you are using an add-on then you could try to run BricsCAD in clean mode to see if it still happens. If so then the add-on may be interfering in some way during setting up a BIM project.

• Hi Fossa,
    Thank you for reporting the issue. Could you create a support request and attach the crash report?

• RSW: No addons being used

Piet: Where is the crash report found? The application literally just blinks out of existence off the screen. Even if multiple dwgs are open. Not locking up, and no chance to save. Just gone.

• I had seen this too, at least on Mac.

Interestingly V22 is crashing for me too on a Windows PC more often than

expected. So far I was used that Bricscad on Windows 10 behaves like any

normal App.

I am getting the same problem all over the place. Using edit place as block, just trying to indicate a line click, then bam either a fatal error or a long pause and everything shuts down. Very irritating, you never know when its going to happen, it can be doing anything for me.
  • Sorry , Windows 10 also
  • This issue is still exists with Bricscad V24. The strange is at my desktop computer is always crash when try to create or open a BIM project and my laptop works without issue.
    Both run Ubuntu 22.04LTS and NVidia graphic card. The main difference is the CPU where laptop has Intel i5, desktop has AMD Ryzen 5 Pro 4650G.
  • Hi Laszlo, I'm sorry I missed your previous post. These files should be included when creating a support request after a crash:
    https://help.bricsys.com/en-us/document/knowledge-base/troubleshooting/what-files-to-include-when-reporting-crashes?id=165245343935
  • Hi Piet,
    Thanks for feedback. I have checked the link. I have not found any crash log. Not in /opt/bricsys folder and nor in home userfolder.
  • hi Laszlo,
    are you working on windows?
  • Hi, Piet,
    Nope, I work on Ubuntu 22.04 LTS. I have not found any log file. The strange, after deleting the config files, it creates projects.
  • Hi Laszlo, on linux you have to generate the backtrace manually. Please see this article:

https://help.bricsys.com/en-us/document/knowledge-base/how-to/how-to-create-useful-backtrace-on-linux?id=165245343748
  • Dani said:

Hi Laszlo, on linux you have to generate the backtrace manually. Please see this article:

https://help.bricsys.com/en-us/document/knowledge-base/how-to/how-to-create-useful-backtrace-on-linux?id=165245343748

Thank you, Dani! I try to repeat the error with GDB.