circles,arc's and texts print blurry/grayish when printing to PDF

Hi.
when I try to print to PDF some elements like circles,arc's and text using simplex.shx font are printed blurry/grayish (see attached PDF).
all the objects parameters, Including the blocks, are the same:
1. Linetype: By Layer.
2. Linetype Scale: 1
3. Lineweight: ByLayer
4. Transparency: ByLayer

I've tried 3 configurations and they all give the same problematic results:
1. Microsoft print to PDF.
2. Print as PDF.PC3
3. DWG To PDF.PC3

any Idea why?
Thanks,
Ari.

t2.pdf 54.6K

Comments

• When I open the example file in PDF-XChange (the PDF reader/editor I use) then the lines and other objects are sharp up to the zoom limit of 6400%, so the PDF itself is fine and the objects are as described by the internal Postscript language. So, lines not bitmaps.

If the blurry objects you're seeing are in a PDF reader, then check with another reader.

If the blurry objects are the result of attaching the resulting PDF back into BricsCAD then you need to use the PDFIMPORT command rather than PDFATTACH. The latter command does indeed drop a simple bitmap version of the PDF file onto the screen. PDFIMPORT, on the other hand, converts the PDF/Postscript objects to CAD entities: lines, circles, arcs, etc.

• Are you on Windows and using display scaling? Occasionally this can cause things to look blurry in some cases depending on the display scaling percentage, monitor resolution and zoom level. Also, what is the resolution of your monitor?

Like Richard I'm using PDF-XChange and it looks just fine in there. What PDF viewer/editor are you using?

• @RSW said:
    Are you on Windows and using display scaling? Occasionally this can cause things to look blurry in some cases depending on the display scaling percentage, monitor resolution and zoom level. Also, what is the resolution of your monitor?

Like Richard I'm using PDF-XChange and it looks just fine in there. What PDF viewer/editor are you using?

Hi Richard and RSW.
    First,
    thanks for your comments.
    1. I use ADOBE PDF Reader.
    2. I Don't import the drawings back in to bricscad, I only plot them out from /bricscad to PDF and send it to customers.
    3. My customers usually use ADOBE reader to open PDF files and that is the problem...

thanks,
    Ari.

• @RSW
    @Richard Webb
    I've checked the screen scale and resolution:
    1. apparently this issue happening only in my external screen. when I view it on my laptop it is ok like both of you wrote.
    2. the laptop scale is 100% and resolution is 1366x768, both are system recommended values.
    3. since I'm away for a week I'll be able to check the external screen info only when I'll be back home...

regards,
    Ari.