Export Aliases and other settings form older to newer version

Hi!

I installed v22 trial and wanted to transfer aliases and tabs/ panel layouts to newer version.
I successfully imported all possible changes proposed by the prompt after first run, no luck with aliases and layouts though.

How to import the rest of the settings. In Autocad there is a very efficient tool to import/ export ALL ( I mean: "all") settings – is there a corresponding and functional tool that does the same in BC?
Thanks for help.

Comments

• For Aliases : those are stored in default.pgp file (typically located in your user-home folder, in BricsCAD version-specific sub-folder);
    you can then copy the default.pgp file to V22 user-home folder (or edit that file).

Similar for template .dwt files - if you have own template file, just copy them to templates folder of V22.

(another approach : place own .dwt files, own default.pgp file, and similar stuff, to a seaprate own folder, and add that particular folder as first support path)

many greetings !
  • It's a permanent muddle, is a complete pain at every version upgrade, and is not made clear in any official documentation - not even in Grabowski's indispensable Customiizing BricsCAD tome, which unfortunately Brics's new masters discontinued commissioning after v20.
  • It's a permanent muddle, is a complete pain at every version upgrade, and is not made clear in any official documentation - not even in Grabowski's indispensable Customiizing BricsCAD tome, which unfortunately Brics's new masters discontinued commissioning after v20.

I don't get that, every release I looked forward to his "ebooks" and found them helpful.

Yes they need to upgrade their help system and put out more videos on topics like this. I know they didn't get much feedback on it but wish they would bring back "Bricscad Unplugged" to address common sticking points we all run into using the software.