Properly Vectorizing .dxf Output

Our CNC plasma table's proprietary(?) CAM software doesn't display circles in (ASCII) .dxf output from BricsCAD. Support rep from said software company claims this is because "the image is not vectorized properly".

My first instinct is that this doesn't make sense -- .dxf files are vector files. On the other hand, they might just be mislabeling some property someone smarter than both of us would recognize in context. So here we are.

Any input is appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• Hello Alex,
    Is the Circle in the document an actual "Circle object"or a "Spline object" that looks like a circle?
    Not all CAM software handles Splines very well. If its the spline issue you could convert to polyline to fix it.
    But it could also be a Layer issue. If you could post a sample of Dxf file that has the problem I could run it through my own CAM software to see if its the DXF file or your CAM software.
    With kind regards,
    Robert
  • Robert said:

Is the Circle in the document an actual "Circle object"or a "Spline object" that looks like a circle?
    Not all CAM software handles Splines very well. If its the spline issue you could convert to polyline to fix it.

This wound up being the issue. Converted to polyline and all is well. Thank you.

• :) Great, glad to help