Where is the basic function...measure angle !?!

What it says in the title....where on earth is this most basic and essential command?

Comments

• They don't have it sadly. I made a feature request for it some time ago.
    If you wan't please also make one, the more requests the higher the chance they add it.

Untill its implemented however you can use the "Angle constraint" to measure an angle.
    Just don't end with enter but with escape.
  • I am sure there are a zillion utilities out there to do this. Below is a link to one thread on an AutoCAD forum. Note that you can make a .lsp file automatically load upon startup by adding it to a special lisp file that always gets loaded, or just a reference to load the extra lisp file (the recommended approach). I don't know that process off the top of my head.

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/visual-lisp-autolisp-and-general/lisp-available-for-angle-between-two-lines/td-p/3241156

-Joe
  • Just_Me
    edited June 2022

I am sure there are a zillion utilities out there to do this. Below is a link to one thread on an AutoCAD forum. Note that you can make a .lsp file automatically load upon startup by adding it to a special lisp file that always gets loaded, or just a reference to load the extra lisp file (the recommended approach). I don't know that process off the top of my head.

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/visual-lisp-autolisp-and-general/lisp-available-for-angle-between-two-lines/td-p/3241156

-Joe

Come on, there is literally ZERO excuse for not having such a fundamental feature in something that positions itself as a serious CAD Draughting package. How the hell has this gone unaddressed for so long!?!?

Developers could probably implement this in a day.
  • Agree. Let's organise people here to make multiple feature requests.
  • Anthony Apostolaros
    edited June 2022
    I too found the lack of an angle-measuring tool surprising and disappointing -- back in 1989 when I first started using Autocad. But I have a custom command (attached) that does it. The ability to make custom commands is a great feature of Bricscad, and one that's missing from the only version of Autocad that's even close to Bricscad's price.

I like my custom angle-measuring command, but I use it so seldom that I have trouble remembering what it's called. So maybe there's not much demand for it. If you can get enough users to say they want it, that could change. It would be a low priority for me, though, since I have the angle-measuring problem solved. There are other things I'd like that can't be customized so easily.
  • Perhaps something like the attached file?
  • ALANH
    edited June 2022
    See other post

just a reference to load the extra lisp (autoload "Ang2" '("Ang2")) lisp is ang2.lsp and defun etc ang2 put in start up lisp only loaded when you type ang2