Component length in BOM

Does anyone know of a way to list the overall length of a component in the BOM?
For example, I have a length of rectangular tubing for a stair, with some mitered cuts at each end, and it's saved as an external component. Can Bricscad figure out the overall length on a certain axis that I can somehow add into the BOM?

Comments

• Hello Denis,
    There is no standard function to get the length along a certain axis and add it to the BOM.
    You would have to write a script to make a bounding box, or something like that.

The easiest option to get the length into the BOM is to connect a distance constraint to the tube.
    Then set the parameters colum in the BOM manager to show the Length parameter.
    -Robert
  • This is a major hurdle for me as well, here is a work around that I came up with some time back: https://forum.bricsys.com/discussion/36921/assembly-features-frames-and-parts-lists#latest
  • Hi,
    this could be maybe solved with apps. SYSCAD is one of them. But SYSCAD is mainly 2D. There are also apps which are working in 3D.

For more info - please look into the app store or send an e-mail.

Regards
    Wolfgang