xrefs not seen

an architects recieved a drawing from a consultant with 3 xrefs loaded but he cannot see them,the drawing consists of survey,topographical map,parkins plans & bunch of other plans.when he sent it to me i see everything,i can't really explain it,all looks fine for me but he & the rest of his firm staff cannot see it.there's no attachement here but i would be more than happy to send this file with an email provided.much thanksGary

Comments

• Please create a support request and attach the drawing there. We'll check the matter.kind regards, Alexander Van Heuverzwyn, Bricsys

• Recipients have had this problem with my drawings in the past (earlier versions) , but more recently the only time it happened is when I packed them all in a Zip file and they tried to open them from within the zip without extracting first.I actually had the problem with xrefs disappearing from Pspace views myself, but not for quite some time... in previous revisions.

• I have the same problem - in v9. Drawing created in v8 has many errors, and xref isn't displayed :-(

• Xreffs regularly store the full path (c:........), this requires that when the files are moved the user has to reconstruct the path for a program like Bricscad to find again the location of the Xreffs, in contrast, it is possible to use relative paths, that is, the path of the xreff drawing is given relative to the location of the drawing that has the xreffs inserted. An alternative is to place all xrefferenced drawings in the same directory as the drawing that makes reference to the drawing

This discussion has been closed.