binding X-REFS

Hello,How do I bind X-refs into my live file? The options is on the rightclick menu but it's greyed.Thank you for your help.

Comments

• Is the xref "not found" in the Found Path column of Drawing Explorer? If so, you can probably solve it by moving the externally referenced file into the same folder as the file you want to bind it to, and/or changing the Saved Path.

• Anthony,Everything is fine with the X-REFs. It appears that it only binds the first order of X-REFs, that means X-REFs that are inserted directly on the drawing. This means it will not bind X-REFs inside another X-REF.Bricsys, is this something that will be reviewed in the future?Many thanks,Rui

• This behaviour is similar to AutoCad, there are no plans to review it.

• Stiene,AutoCAD does bind X-REFs within other X-REFs. But it's not problem if BricsCAD can't do it. It just means we'll need to adapt our workflow.Many thanks,Rui

• Stiene,I'll review my previous post.You're right when you say you can't do it in ACAD. What happens is when we select all X-REFs, 1st and 2nd order, it will allow us to run the command.In BrisCAD you can only select the firt order X-REF otherwise it you won't be able to run the command.These will bring with them all the nested X-REFs, and all will be turned into blocks.It's a matter of workflow procedures and understanding the differences, otherwise, it works as expected.Many thanks again, Rui

• Hello Rui,Binding existing Xref's and getting rid of all un-referenced ones has always been a requirement of many a CAD user prior to sending the files away to a third party.If you would like to consider a third-party solution, please take a look at our GeoTools add-on program for Bricscad. We have a command called GT_BINDXREF which does exactly that. It can be found under the 'Drawing Cleanup' menu.You can download a fully functional 30-day trial at this URL:http://www.4d-technologies.com/geotools/download/geotools_bricscad.exeI will be glad to assist you with any questions. There are over 250+ more tools in this product that may interest you.RegardsRakesh RaoCoordinate Systems, Bangalore, Indiawww.coordsys.com

This discussion has been closed.