Bricscad (Linux) 10.6.3

2»

Comments

• To echo what some others have said: the "Classic" version now for sale apparently EXCLUDES any updates and maintenance based on information on the website. Given the current state of the product, why would anybody buy it under those conditions?

Perhaps, at pointed out on some blogs, this was released for sale to beat the ARES product to the market?

Some clarification would really be appreciated!

• May be S Schuller have reason, if excludes updates (bug fixes) anybody want to buy the Classic version, but I think that Bricsys will clarify this.

I tested other software very promissing, but find Bricscad faster.

• why I choose bricscad for now

1. speed (agreed vs elmer gato)

2.  I need fields that other soft, did not have.

3. Support exist for only BricsCAD in my location (did nto need but who knows)

Other software also have a strong positions (svg&dwf import/export for examle)

I have many words why Bricsys should not do that step in that way, but I think Erik De Keyser knows what he is doing(uncertainly)

- Very good work for developers, and very bad for management (In My Humble Opinion)

• Andrey Didencool,

Thank you for showing the steps needed to install the 32-bit library that Bricscad was missing  in 64-bit OpenSuse, using zypper. I recently upgraded to 11.2 from an older version of Suse that didn't have zypper, so I was unfamiliar with it. Anyway, Bricscad is now installed and running on my machine. Thanks!

Michael Evans

• @Hans-Werner Haag

If you want to restart with a "fresh" install, without retaining settings of any previous alpha, remove file or folder ".Bricscad" and similar (also hidden!) in your home folder before the first run.

• I want to clarify some questions on access to maintenance releases when you would buy a Bricscad for Linux license now.

If you buy a commercial version of Bricscad for Linux (-30% until the end of September):

-you will receive a V11 license key (so not a V10 license key)

-this implies that you will have access to all future versions of which the release number starts with 11.xxx. So practically speaking, this means that you will have access to all versions until V12 is released.

I hope that this clarifies the questions on licensing and access to future maintenance releases

Patrick

This discussion has been closed.