Block manager

Hi all, I have posted a new version of my block manager 
here  www.cadext.com/downloads/ExtTools.msi

There is a help file in install folder to get you started, for those that don't read instructions, install and  type exttools at the prompt .
let me know how it works for you.

Dan

Comments

• Oh yeah, you need V11.2.X  Pro to run

• It seems that it works well here. Great job!
    Will be possible to view block (dwgs) from folder view as thumbnail and no as list with default icons?

• That's a great idea!  I will try : )

• @ Juraj Matel

Try it now, the previews get a little squished inside the list control but it seems to work..
    since it was your idea, you get to beta test it : )

Just a note, I don't know how this will perform over a network drive, I may have to do a bit of caching

• hmm... ingenious! :) Usefull tool. I send to you screenshot.

Look work well.

But:

- why is one thumbnail with white backgound and another with gray?
    - thumbnail area have fixed width, also folder list - if must stay is as is, will be IMHO better lock horizontal window resizing, but would be better, when this list can be resizeable and...
    - ...when you allowed resizing list of folder and thumbnail, you can allow more then one column per thumbnail
    - if I open ie. empty DWG with only one layer ie. 0 in layercombobox ExtTools is *Active Layer* and 0, but when I add new layer ie. Layer1, Layer1 was not visible in combo immediately, if have open two DWG help, if switch between this two, or save, close and open DWG with added Layer1

• I've made a few fixes, the layer issue you mention is fixed.. I will try to get the other points you mention done this weekend.

BTY you can "Collapse" the dialog when its docked by, double clicking on the double bars, and restore by click on any tab : )

• Hi Daniel,

Is the collapse function exposed to us users? Just wondering if it is something I can bind to a key :-)

• Hi Greg!

I have added a command exttoolshide,  that will collapse or restore the window depending on its current state. I probably could have come up with a better name,  but maybe you can assign it a alias ..?..

give it a whirl : )

• Wow! You are fast man!!! Works like a charm...

• may i ask where to download the latest version of BlockManager? thanks!

• Hi Arthur,

You can get it from the link at the top of this thread or here

www.cadext.com/downloads/ExtTools.msi

I will be adding it to the application page  in a couple of weeks or so

•  

Hi All, I did a bunch of rework on internal items, bringing things up to speed for V11.3.

if your using this, please update : )

same link as above

• Hi Daniel,

using the providede Link i get

404 (Page Not Found) Error

Any ideas

Thanks

Konstantin

• Sorry, I goofed, I will try to get it back this weekend : |

• Ok, see if it works now : )  let me know how it works for you

• Hi Daniel,

I installed your most recent exttools here. Loads and runs fine. I did not see the menu so I removed all exttools entries from the registry and reloaded. ExtTools menu was created.

Field insertion from current drawing appears to work. Have not tested other drawing or database functionality.

Block browing and insertion seems to work by dragging and double click. I thought one of those used to open the block drawing for editing but both are insert operations... fuzzy memory? Oh, I see, double click the dwg name and not the block icon. Cool!

Icon generation and caching seems to work well.

Users might like the scale defaulting to DIMSCALE or otherwise have a toggle for using DIMSCALE? Similarly, might be nice if the rotation had a toggle to use (reverse of) VIEWTWIST.

When the Rotation checkbox is activated there are multiple graphical images of the block displayed until rotation is set and if the user cancels with escape key the block is still inserted.

Note: if insert operation started and user changes a value in the exttools panel focus has to be restored to Bricscad manually before operation can be cancelled.

On my system the block icons are elongated in the Y direction (if you care, I don't).

All in all, great stuff...

• Hey Daniel,

Super job on the block manager. Reminds me of tool palletes in in 'that other CAD program' ;^).

Nice touch with the buttons at top, too.

One thing I di want to mention to you was I tried inserting a drawing that had  the new table entity in it , but it didn't insert with the other entities in the dwg/block.

Thanks so much for creating this very handy set of tools!

• Hey Daniel,

Super job on the block manager. Reminds me of tool palletes in in 'that other CAD program' ;^).

Nice touch with the buttons at top, too.

One thing I thought I'd mention to you was I tried inserting a drawing that had  the new table entity in it , but thte table didn't insert with the other entities in the dwg/block.

Thanks so much for creating this very handy set of tools!

• Updated this for V12 and made a few fixes. Same link as above.  Please uninstall any previous versions

cheers!

• Hi Daniel,

I need to write and tell people here in India about the free goodies that you have created. Where can I download your latest DOCTabs?

Just downloaded the Block Manager. I will check it out and ask you a few questions, if needed.

Regards
    Rakesh Rao
    http://www.coordsys.com

• Hi Rakesh!

You can find the Doctabs routine in the applications area, in the free section.

Cheers!

Daniel

• hello sir, your block manager is superb. i want to show the blocks on the toolbar? how i can do that?

secondly, i have some interactive blocks asking for some attributes like name etc. while using your block manager, i am able to position them in the drawing correctly, but interactive attributed are not called for? but if i use insert block of bricscad, these interactive options are working.

please help me.

• hello sir, your block manager is superb. i want to show the blocks on the toolbar? how i can do that?

secondly, i have some interactive blocks asking for some attributes like name etc. while using your block manager, i am able to position them in the drawing correctly, but interactive attributed are not called for? but if i use insert block of bricscad, these interactive options are working.

please help me.

Thank you : )

I'm not sure what you mean by showing your blocks on the toolbar, can you elaborate?

Yes, great feedback!  I will add an option to open Bricscad's attribute editor, so you can edit as needed.

Thanks again!

• sir will your block manager works with autocad also? if yes, how to configure it?
  • Autowho? just kidding :  ) 

I did have a version for acad, but I have not been maintaining it.

have a look here http://www.theswamp.org/index.php?topic=32990.0

• hello Daniel Marcotte sir,

i am having one softsip software used in drawing railway signalling circuits. it works with autocad 2000 version only. i want to make this software work with bricscad so that vide publicity on bricscad can be given. when this software is installed, one separte menu "Railways" on the toolbar will appear and we can select the symbols from that menu. it is like a block manager only.  i am attaching the softsip installed folder contents and also original softsip program. i donot know lisp program. if it is possible for you, can you please kindly  go through the lisp code and make it work with bricscad please.

softsip installed folder contents.rarSoftSip.rar

• Hi Kotesh,

Please do let me know more about yourself.

I am the Bricsys India representative and based in Bangalore.

I know Lisp pretty well and I can help you with your Lisp transtion into Bricscad.

I will take a look at your attachment and see how it goes.

You can also reach me directly via email on rakesh.rao@4d-technologies.com

Regards
    Rakesh Rao
    http://rakeshrao.typepad.com

• hello rakesh, you have already spoken to me regarding geotools association with bricscad and with your help geotools lite version is working. my mail address is kotesh.m@gmail.com
  • till yeasterday, exttools menu is appearing on my toolbar. today i have loaded bricscad freeware files and as a result exttools menu is not visible. however, exttools command is popping up the window. is there any workaround to have exttools menu on bricscad toolbar inaddition to freeware tools.
  • Hi The Exttools menu is loaded via COM, see if an Exttools entry somehow got caught up in your CUI file and remove the entry,  then re- launch Bricscad   Happy new year  : )