Block manager

Comments

• thanks a lot sir, it worked for me. sir, i have been eagarly waiting for your block manager with attribute facility.
  • hello daniel sir, extended attributes edit of freeware bricscad tools  along with exttools have solved my problem. if it is possible please add attributes toolbar of freewaare bricscad tools to your exttools.

• hello daniel sir, extended attributes edit of freeware bricscad tools  along with exttools have solved my problem. if it is possible please add attributes toolbar of freewaare bricscad tools to your exttools.

I will try to get this done over the weekend : )

cheers!

• hello daniel sir, i have found one easy method for bricscad to manage blocks with attributes. i thought i should share this with all bricscad users. for  managing blocks with  bricscad, we don't require any other addon/software. simple solution is to insert all the frquently used blocks in one blank  bricscad diagram say symbol lib.dwg. after inserting all the blocks save this dwg as symbol lib.dwg. now close the symbol lib.dwg file and open any existing diagram or fresh dwg diagram and insert the symbol lib.dwg as a block. brics cad will ask for where to insert etc. without inserting the block press escape button twice. now again use the insert block command, you will find all your block symbols listed in drop down menu. this procedure asks all the attributes also. now my problem is solved for ever.

if you want to use these blocks in another diagram, repeat the above procedure of open any existing diagram or fresh dwg diagram and insert the symbol lib.dwg as a block. brics cad will ask for where to insert etc.  without inserting the block press escape button twice. now again use the insert block command, you will find all your block symbols listed in drop down menu.

this procedure works with all autocad/bricscad/ZWCAD etc.

any way, i have been eagarly waiting for your next version of exttools.

• hello Daniel Marcotte sir,

have you modified your exttools? where i can find your latest version?

• I always get an error message when I try to install:
    "This installation package could not be opened.
      Verify ... or contact the application vendor ... valid Windows installer package."
    :(
    I'm running Windows XP SP3. Maybe that's it?
    (I updated the Microsoft Windows Installer thingy)

• I always get an error message when I try to install:
    "This installation package could not be opened.
      Verify ... or contact the application vendor ... valid Windows installer package."
    :(
    I'm running Windows XP SP3. Maybe that's it?
    (I updated the Microsoft Windows Installer thingy)

I think that can happen if the download is not successful, you might try it again.

otherwise I put the BRX file at www.cadext.com/downloads/ExtTools.zip  you will need to load it via appload

cheers

• Thanks!
    But when I downloaded the zip file, it had an arx file in it. :(

Please post the brx file someplace, I'm really looking forward to joining in the fun. :)

• Oh, and I've tried to download the msi file several times over the past few months without success. sorry.
  • Thanks!
    But when I downloaded the zip file, it had an arx file in it. :(

Please post the brx file someplace, I'm really looking forward to joining in the fun. :)

Did you try using the appload command on the ARX file? : )

I may have not changed the extension

Daniel

• I tried loading the .arx file and then tried renaming the extension to .brx and then loading,
    but I get the error message: "(arxload) cannot load file"

(I'm using Bcad Pro v11.4.6 on Windows XP SP3)

• I tried loading the .arx file and then tried renaming the extension to .brx and then loading,
    but I get the error message: "(arxload) cannot load file"

(I'm using Bcad Pro v11.4.6 on Windows XP SP3)

This one should work on v11, should not need to change the extension : )

Cheers

ExtTools.zip

• Since you don't have the help file, here is a snippit

There are two ways to insert blocks.  Drag in a .DWG from the tree view, or if you want to grab a block from within a .DWG, right click on a .DWG in the tree, then drag in the desired block from the list view.

Generally , blocks created inside Bricscad do not have their corresponding block icons, so they may not show in the list view, to build the icons, Open the DWG,  Choose Create block icons from the Exttools menu, then save.  The icons will be saved in the block.

If your block library drawings are on a network drive, you can cache the block icons, once cached, you don't need to right-click to view the block icons in the list view.

Double click on the double lines at the top of the palette to collapse, click on a palette tab to expand.

Cheers : )

imageCapture.PNG
  •  

Carp, wrong screenshot : )

imageCapture.PNG
  • Thanks! now it works. I'll mess around with it over the next few days.
  • hello,
    a really great Tool.Ist the program freeware?
    It would be nice if the background color would change the screen color.
    The arx file is better, not everyone has admin rights on the PC.
    And would be nice in German.
  • Thank you!

Of course it's not freeware,  I accept beer or single malt whiskey with Italian food as payment, I'm not into wine yet, but I'm working on it : )

Nice idea about the background color, I will add it in if I can. The block icons should take on the color of the background  when the icon is created.

If you send me all the text translated, I will create a German version. I'm a bit busy the next couple of weeks, but I will get to it. I still need to add the attribute promts for kotesh

BTY, if someone sends me the translations for DocTabs, I would like to make a German version of that too.

Cheers

• Oh sorry it is not freeware, I'll try not gelesen.Ich,
    everything to be translated in German, is not so viel.wird then again an ARX
    file type.
  • when i point to the folder c:\\kblock, all the dwg files are listed in the exttools.

but their thumbnails are not visible. am i missing something?

how to get the thumbnails for all the blocks in the selected folder?

• Oh sorry it is not freeware, I'll try not gelesen.Ich,
    everything to be translated in German, is not so viel.wird then again an ARX
    file type.

Dear Stefan,

I apologize for my bad sense of humor, of course you can use, distribute the program as you wish as long as all copyright notices are intact.  Although you can mail me black licorice (just kidding : ) )

I don't know the German language, so I would be unable to create a German version. As with DocTabs, people wishing to have a localized versions only need to send me the translations of the visible text , I.e. menus and tool tips. I will compile and create that version.  

I prefer to distribute as an installer as it may include additional files in the future, but for the time being, I will post the arx/brx file.

Cheers

• when i point to the folder c:\\kblock, all the dwg files are listed in the exttools.

but their thumbnails are not visible. am i missing something?

how to get the thumbnails for all the blocks in the selected folder?

Hi kotesh

The program uses the icon inside the DWG, however they don't always exist . you may need to open the drawing(s), then save which should create the icon. Also if you can, post a screenshot so I can possibly see the issue : )

Thanks

• hello sir,

i have extracted all the blocks as .dwg files using the following code.

; by vaidas Guogis vg@in-axis.com
    ; http://www.facebook.com/guogis
    ; www.kitox.com
    ; www.cadsoft.com
    ; :)

(defun c:extblocks ()
    (while (setq b (tblnext "BLOCK"))
     (setq b (cdr (assoc 2 b)))
     (if (= "*" (substr b 1 1)) (setq b (strcat "anonymous-" (substr b 2))))
     (vl-cmdf "_wblock" (strcat "c:\\kblock\\" b ".dwg") b)
    )
    (princ)
    )

now when i point to c:\kblock using exttools, all the dwg files are listed without thumbnails. how to get the thumbnails. i am attaching the screen shot of exttools as well as kblock contents.

kblock.rar

imageClipboard01.jpg
  • @ Daniel

I'm looking at your humor so serious and going to add next additional lines to my stuff:

[code](while (/= k "B")
    (initget 1 "F B")
     (setq k (getkword "\nDo you want to use this stuff as Freeware or Beerware ? "))
     (if (= k "B")
      (alert "Thank you for choosing our beerware!\nPlease send one of Leffe blonde to Daniel and one of Leffe brune to me")
      (alert "Wrong choice, please try again")
      )
    )[/code]

Have a good day!
  • Hello, I have worked with the program and must say, great, great.
    It would be nice if the man tick könnte.Die blocks with a resolve to insert the same background color of the program should be required to change the background color of the German Cadprogramms anpassen.Ins it is to be translated, so everything is simple.
  • Block insert with explode would be nice
  • Hi, great program.
    The window should go to reduce
    The background of Bricscad accept
    Insert block with explode

mfg Stefan Krznar
    Bricscad V12 Pro
  • You can hide (more like collapse) the window by double clicking on the double lines at the top of the dialog  when docked, and reshow by clicking on one of the tabs : )

Cheers

• Hello,
    I meant Decrease push them together so.
  • I added in explode and prompting,

www.cadext.com/downloads/ExtTools.msi   is the installer

www.cadext.com/downloads/ExtTools.zip   is just the ARX

• hello,
    super thank you