Bricscad File previews in the File Manager

In Windows land we can get previews of our Cad files in Windows Explorer. This very handy feature enables us to quickly search for files on our systems. I miss this feature on my Linux boxen. Hell it is easy to generate many many files using Cad. Finding files and using previously drawn data is important. Are you getting Previews on your system ? I am interested to know how you do this. If not - is it a feature you feel passionate about ?

Comments

• Yes, I would like to have previews too. For me, it's extra-important for blocks that I want to insert in another drawing. I have switched over to my Windows version of Bricscad several times because my libraries are useless without the ability to preview them on the fly. I suspect that Bricsys could fix this by creating plugins for KDE & Gnome that can quickly generate preview images of .dwg files and which could then be a part of the system wide tools (so that a KDE browser could show a preview of a .dwg file, for example, without Bricscad running.)

Yes, I'm passionate about it. Up in arms. Cursing the heavens. :)

• Here's a previous discussion on a related item. For me the solution offered was inadequate and kludgy in concept, so I didn't pursue it. Maybe it will be helpful for you.

https://forum.bricsys.com/discussion/14484

This discussion has been closed.