Wishlist - changes to file open/save dialog

It would help me if the file open/save dialog had a list, at the side, of frequently used locations. This would be particularly useful during "save as", e.g. open drawing ~/drg/std/user2/old/project/345  and then save as ~/drg/tmp/users/project3/444

As it stands, I have to click "up" and "down" several times to navigate to the new folder, but with a customisable list at the side, it could be accomplished with one click for each drg.

Really makes a difference when you have numerous drawings to do, into various folders through the course of a day.

(One of the old autocad's I had used to do this).

Comments

• Have you tried the favo(u)rites mechanism (in the column on the left)? You can put links to your frequent folders in your favo(u)rites folder.

• The DRAWINGSPATH setting allows you to assign a folder of your choice to the fifth folder icon in the left panel of the file dialog.

• Thanks for the replies so quick.

I don't have a "left panel" in my open/save dialog. I don't ever remember having one in Bricscad (since V7). Where did it go? How do I get it back?

I checked the settings and "use standard file open dialog" was set "on". Unchecking this revelealed the missing panel - solved. I had assumed the default setting (on) was as good as it got.

All these years and I never knew. Thanks again.

• the variable is DRAWINGPATH which brings up the "Drawings path" item in the Settings dialog box.

Thanks for the tip!

• the variable is DRAWINGPATH which brings up the "Drawings path" item in the Settings dialog box.

Thanks for the tip!

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Click one of the buttons on the top bar to get involved!