Wishlist - changes to file open/save dialog

It would help me if the file open/save dialog had a list, at the side, of frequently used locations. This would be particularly useful during "save as", e.g. open drawing ~/drg/std/user2/old/project/345  and then save as ~/drg/tmp/users/project3/444

As it stands, I have to click "up" and "down" several times to navigate to the new folder, but with a customisable list at the side, it could be accomplished with one click for each drg.

Really makes a difference when you have numerous drawings to do, into various folders through the course of a day.

(One of the old autocad's I had used to do this).

Comments

• Have you tried the favo(u)rites mechanism (in the column on the left)? You can put links to your frequent folders in your favo(u)rites folder.

• The DRAWINGSPATH setting allows you to assign a folder of your choice to the fifth folder icon in the left panel of the file dialog.

• Thanks for the replies so quick.

I don't have a "left panel" in my open/save dialog. I don't ever remember having one in Bricscad (since V7). Where did it go? How do I get it back?

I checked the settings and "use standard file open dialog" was set "on". Unchecking this revelealed the missing panel - solved. I had assumed the default setting (on) was as good as it got.

All these years and I never knew. Thanks again.

• the variable is DRAWINGPATH which brings up the "Drawings path" item in the Settings dialog box.

Thanks for the tip!

• the variable is DRAWINGPATH which brings up the "Drawings path" item in the Settings dialog box.

Thanks for the tip!

This discussion has been closed.