SWEEPX, LOFTX, SSBS (SliceSolidBySurface) commands to SWEEP,LOFT Solids+Surfaces, Slice Solids by Su

Comments

• Sorry Tim for the wrong name (...Hsiao) !
  • Konstantin,

Thanks for the tip but what about using the extrudex command? Reading the pdf instructions it says this can extrude a profile to a solid/surface however upon trying it there was no option given to select a solid/surface to extrude to. Perhaps I'm missing something or maybe that feature hasn't been added yet.

Best Regards,

Tim 

• Tim,

the EXTRUDEX command does what it says...
    ...."The command extrudes a selection set of curves to a solid or a surface"......
    it simply creates extruded solids AND SURFACES (not available in Bricscad 12 or 13) from given profile curves.
    The native command EXTRUDE creates extruded Solids ONLY !
    This was the purpose of creating this command.

What you want is to create an extruded solid/surface  EXTENDED  to a given surface !
    It's just a matter of linquistic interpretation....

Regards
    K.
  • Hi Konstantin,

I am using Bricscad V12.2.17 and i had downloaded the SweepX-LoftX-bc12(3) DLL file and as per your instructions i gave command LOFTX but it pops up with an error message dialog box, please see the attachment for error

imageSweep_Lotf.jpg
  • Hi  Sanjay,
    you are using the oldest version from 16.12.2011 !
    Please download the latest version at position  #40 of this thread and try again
    Let me know if it works
    Here is a screenshot where to find the version...just scroll up to this position
    Regards

imageB12-40.jpg
  • Hi Konstantin,

As per your instuctions i downloaded the latest version but that shows loading error please see the attachment.

Sanjay.

imageNetLoad Error.jpg
  • Hi, you might want to look at post #46 in this thread..

Cheers,

Dan

• Hi  Sanjay,
    like Daniel suggests, the reason and solution for this error
    is a different one explained and solved by #46 above ...
    Thanks Daniel !

Regards,
    Konstantin
  • Hi Konstantin !
    I plan to switch to x64 within few weeks, Your wonderful tool will work also on x64 ??
    Thanks again and again !!
    Paola

• Hi Paola,

the tool works already with x32 and x64 !
    You find a new version (x32 + x64) attached compiled with the latest libraries for ver.  13.2.6-1
    You can test it by downloading the trial x64 version of Bricscad.
    What are you designing with the tool ?
    Please report any problems.

Regards
    Konstantin

SweepX-LoftX-V2.2-bc13.2.6-1.dll

•  Hi
    Can you please explain in a step by step (cook book style) how to load the lofting and sweep functions and how I can access these commands

Many thanks

JohnC

Screenshot(2).doc

• Hi John,

1. for Bricscad V13.2x (32 or 64 bit) download the version at #71 of this thread   SweepX-LoftX-V2.2-bc13.2.6-1.dll
    2. for Bricscad V12x  or  V13.1x download the versions at
         https://forum.bricsys.com/discussion/17053#19297

SweepX-LoftX-V2.2-bc12.2.18.dll
    SweepX-LoftX-V2.2-bc13.1.7-1(2).pdf    a PDF manual explaining the Function and  Use of the commands
    SweepX-LoftX-V2.2-bc13.1.7-1.dll

3. In the command line of Bricscad load the respective .DLL using the NETLOAD command

4. then call the commands in the command line of Bricscad by typing their names  LOFTX, SWEEPX, SLICEX  etc......
        and read the manual PDF
    I hope this helps !

Regards
    Konstantin
  •  Hi
    I am obviously doing something wrong as I still can no get this to work
    Please see attached doc - I have aslo tried the un block option - without success
    What am I doing wrong ?
    Thanks in advance

Reply Loft June 30(2).doc

• Hi John,

YES the your  last message tells that the file is not recognized and loaded ....
    i have just downloaded the the version at #71 of this thread   SweepX-LoftX-V2.2-bc13.2.6-1.dll in a directory (...say c:\test\...) on the local drive C: of my computer.
    I tried to netload it and could not because the file was blocked !
    I unblocked the file and could not still netload it !
    I had first to quit (exit) Bricscad 13.2.8 and run it again !
    NOW the file loaded and could use the commands (LOFTX  etc..) without any problems !
    So the file is OK !

Please follow again the steps  :
    download the file SweepX-LoftX-V2.2-bc13.2.6-1.dll   in a local directory on your LOCAL drive, NOT on a network drive !
    Unblock the file BEFORE you run Bricscad !
    Make sure it is unblocked by going again in the Properties Tab....
    Run Bricscad and NETLOAD the file...
    Now it should work ...

• Hi John,

looking at your last message again, i think that the problem might be also
    the .NET Framework and Runtime installed on your computer.
    Please install the .NET framework again.
    For Bricscad V13x from
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=17718
    For Bricscad V12x from
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=21

• Konstantin - Hi - Many thanks - All Good - It is working for me -
    Regards
    JohnC
  •  Hello Konstantin,

Support V14 yet?
  • Hello,

according to my tests the existing version for V13 works for V14 as well.
    Unfortunately due to problems/bugs in the C# .NET Functions   sol.CreateSweptSolid()   and    surf.CreateSweptSurface()
    the SWEEPX command doesn't work with 3D splines OR 3D polylines as sweep path in the V14  of Bricscad !
    I have placed a support request since Sept. 2013   but have not received any feedback until now. I am looking forward at getting a response.
    Till then please use the built-in SWEEP command for 3D splines OR 3D polylines as sweep path.
    Attached you find the version for V14.1.13
    If you find problems with any of the commands please report them.

Best Regards and happy 2014 ......for all in this Forum !

SweepX-LoftX-bc_14.1.13.dll

• Hi Konstantin,

loading SweepX-LoftX in my BricsCAD V14.02.06 PRO with "netload" (in my German Edition "netla") following Error-Message:

NETLA

Error Message: Die Datei oder Assembly "file:///C:\SweepX-LoftX-bc_14.1.13.dll" oder eine Abhängigkeit davon wurde nicht gefunden. Der Vorgang wird nicht unterstützt. (Ausnahme von HRESULT: 0x80131515)
    ; ----- LISP : Call Stack -----
    ; [0]...BRXLOADMANAGEDDLL <<-- <br> ;
    ; ----- Error around expression -----
    (AL_EXECUTEADSDEFUN "BRXLOADMANAGEDDLL" REST)
    ;
    ; error : SDS request returned error at function : BRXLOADMANAGEDDLL
    Das modul E:\SweepX-LoftX-bc_14.1.13.dll konnte nicht geladen werden

The same Error-Message if the file is in the local drive "C:"

My System: win 8.1  64bit

I hope you can help me to get run SweepS + LoftX

Best Regards!

Hannes

• Hi Johannes,

try the new attached version compiled for 14.2.6.-1 (current version).
    Let me know if you still have the problem...

Regards

SweepX-LoftX-V2.2-bc14.2.06-1.dll

• Hi Konstantin,

thanks for your quick answer, the Error Message is a little bit different:

: NETLA

Loading .NET runtime v4.0.30319:

Error Message: Die Datei oder Assembly "file:///C:\SweepX-LoftX-V2.2-bc14.2.06-1.dll" oder eine Abhängigkeit davon wurde nicht gefunden. Der Vorgang wird nicht unterstützt. (Ausnahme von HRESULT: 0x80131515)
    ; [0]...BRXLOADMANAGEDDLL <<-- <br> ;
    ;
    Das modul C:\SweepX-LoftX-V2.2-bc14.2.06-1.dll konnte nicht geladen werden

Best Regards!

Hannes

• Hi Johannes,

i think the problem is that the .dll is locked !
    The problem is stated in messages #45 #46 # 47 above in this thread...
    Just unlock the downloaded SweepX-LoftX-V2.2-bc14.2.06-1.dll and try again

Regards

imageUnblockDLL.jpg
  • Hi Konstantin,

thanks!!! It works.

Win 8 ignore my security chanches in the dll file (now i put it in a new Folder and give the Folder full Access then it runs) 

Best Regards!

Hannes

• Hello Konstantin,

I have been reading a lot about your wonderful SweepX and LoftX routines and decided to give it a try recently. While the basic functions works and I understand it, I want to know if you have a latest documentation for all the options in the commands. That would be really wonderful.

At any point in future, if I want to download again the latest dll as well as documentation, what would be the URL?

Let me know.

Best Regards
    Rakesh Rao
    Smarter .dwg CAD
  • Hi Konstantin,
    Excellent Feature. I was trying LoftX, it seems the transition at the radius of the path is direct. I require it to follow the path at the elbow/radius.

Best Regards,
    Rajesh Celestine.
    imageOutput loft.PNG
    imageProfile and Path.PNG
  • Hello Rakesh,

many thanks for your interest and nice words concerning the routines.
    I am currrently updating the package and hope to be able to expose it in this thread within 2 weeks or so...
    As for the command options of LoftX and SweepX and all other commands, you can get the explanations reading the online
    documentation for the similar commands of the "BIG A"...
    Sorry for this answer but for the time being i don't have any spare time for properly documenting in detail every option.
    Some of the options of the SweepX command like "scale" or "Bank" don't work yet, due to internal problems of the ODA ACIS libraries.

The latest dll and documentation will allways be online in this thread and if not just give me a short notice.
    I am hoping to finish some Lisp functions, that can be implemented only on the  C# .NET side
    like intersections between curves and Solids+Surfaces and possibly some Win-dialog interface Functions like Tree and Grid Controls...

Best Regards
    Konstantin

• Hi Rajesh,

it seems that you have discovered a problem in the Core ACIS ODA libraries, the basic API library my plugin (the command LoftX and others) is based on.
    Although  the "Smooth" option is activated by default and the option "Path" are selected, the arc-segment of the Path-polyline is ignored!
    So i'll place a support request.
    In the meantime you can use a workaround to produce your lofted pipe :

Loft the three parts green, yellow and cyan solids separately using the LoftX command and then union them.
    For the first and last solid (green and cyan) you can use the "path" option to create them(as you have propably already done).
    For the yellow elbow-part interpolate a third profile circle (red one) at the midpoint of the elbow-arc with Radius = (R1+R2 / 2) where
    R1 and R2 are the start and end cicles of the elbow respectively (in my case the middle-circle has R = 2.5+1.5 / 2= 2).
    Then LOFTX the yellow elbow-solid without using the path option.

I hope this helps...

Best Regards
    Konstantin

LoftedPipeElbow.dwg

imageLoftedPipe-Elbow.jpg
  • Hi all,

this plug-in is updated to a new version V2.3-bc14.2.12.

Two new Commands are available:

1. PLANESURFACEX
      The command creates surfaces (ACIS surface planar) from planar closed profiles like Lines, Polylines, 3Dpolylines, Regions, Circles, Ellipses, Arcs and 3Dfaces. In the case of 3Dfaces having 4 vertices
      and being non-planar (consisting of 2 planar 3dfaces each one with 3 vertices), they are automatically converted in 2 planar surfaces. This functionality can be used to convert legacy meshes like Polygon- and Polyface meshes into ACIS Surfaces and Solids.
      This was one of the reasons to create the command.
      To do this conversion follow this sequence (see screenshot below from left to right)  :
      (1,2) Explode the Pface or Polygon mesh to 3Dfaces -->>
      (3)    Convert 3Dfaces to planar ACIS Surfaces with the PLANESURFACEX command -->>
      (4)    Union the surfaces with the UNIONX command to an ACIS surface -->>
      (5)    if needed SLICEX a solid by the produced surface to get a solid3D form.
    2. SECTIONX
      The command can section ACIS surfaces to produce contours (not in all cases due to internal API problems not yet resolved , see also screenshot below)

Two Options of the SWEEPX command can be used to overcome the lack of the “Scale” option in the native SWEEP command and the non-functioning options of the SWEEPX command, Scale, BANk and STart-draft-distance .

…..Enter an Option [Alignment/Basepoint/Scale/Twist/BANk/Draft-angle/STart-draft-distance/ENd-draft-distance]:

You will have to manually calculate either the Draft-angle or the ENd-draft-distance based on the Length of the sweep path or the wished Scale Factor respectively.

Example using the ENd-draft-distance:

Sweep Profile a circle , Diameter = 1.0

Path Curve a Line,  wished scale Factor 2.0

ENd-draft-distance = [ (scale factor x Diameter) – Diameter]  / 2  =  0.5

Thanks to continual  improvement of the underlying  .NET API and Teigha + ACIS wrappers and libraries some new features were made available in the last few months :

1. Lofted Solids and Surfaces can now be created using Points as Start and End Profiles.
    2. Bricscad crash problems by the INTERFEREX and UNIONX commands are now fixed.
    3. All created objects have the current active color

Regards
    Konstantin
    imageContouring.jpg

PolyfaceMesh.dwgSweepX-LoftX-V2.3-bc14.2.12.dll

imageLegacyMesh2 Solid.jpg
  • Konstantin, when I attempt to load SweepX-LoftX-V2.3-bc14.2.12.dll in Briscad (64) 14.2.12 the load fails as:

C:\Program Files\Bricsys\BricsCAD V14 en_US\bdm_module.tx module initialized
    : NETLOAD

* Runtime Extension is already loaded.

Loading .NET runtime v4.0.30319:

Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'file:///C:\Program Files\Bricsys\BricsCAD V14 en_US\SweepX-LoftX-V2.3-bc14.2.12.dll' or one of its dependencies. Operation is not supported. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131515)
    ; [0]...BRXLOADMANAGEDDLL <<--<br>;
    ;
    failed to load module C:\Program Files\Bricsys\BricsCAD V14 en_US\SweepX-LoftX-V2.3-bc14.2.12.dll

This is under Windows 7 64 Pro. Loading the earlier version SweepX-LoftX-V2.2-bc14.2.06-1.dll works okay.
  • Hi,

See if post #45 in this thread helps resolve the loading issue

Dan

This discussion has been closed.