How to show and hide pulldown menus with CUI?

normally you make a workspace and edit it, in acad.

I cannot figure out the bcad way, but I did make a workspace in the CUI.

Where is the spot to edit pulldown visibility and order?

Comments

• I think the menu system is the same. There's a "main" CUI file, which can have "partial" CUI files attached to it, just like a dwg file can have other dwg files attached to it as xrefs. A partial file has the same format as a main file. Any file can be a main, or it can be a partial to any other. It's only "main" if you load it as the main CUI file, and whether it's loaded as a main or as a partial it comes in together with whatever "partial" files you've attached to it. But if you load a "partial" as the "main" it doesn't bring in the "main" that it was formerly attached to, just as an externally referenced dwg file can be opened by itself without bringing in any dwg file that it's been attached to as an xref. Who but Autodesk could have come up with the names "main" and "partial" for that system?

Tools > Customize to edit CUI files. Any "main" CUI file you load into that editor becomes the current active menu file. Any "partial" file you load or create in that editor becomes permanently attached (until you unload it) to whatever file is the "main." The Menus tab in that editor allows you to create and edit pull-down menus.

You can edit the default CUI file, or create your own custom "partial" CUI file so that your customization doesn't get overwritten by newer default CUI files. If you already have your own custom CUI file from Autocad, you should be able to use that.
  • You misunderstand, I am well aware of mains and partials, just like in acad.

But my question is about "pulldown visibility and order".

I do not want to see Sheet Metal pulldown, how do I hide it?

I have pulldown menus not shown and I want to show. Workspaces normally handle that, but how do I edit a workspace?

I opened CUI, wen to workspace tab, but you cannot change anything, not even toolbar visibility. I must be missing something simple.

• Hi James,

This additional functionality is missing from BricsCAD Workspaces. Currently you can only play around with the Quad cursor. I can only assume that the features you are looking for will be included in a later release.

You could make use of the On Switch feature to Load/Unload CUIs, or create some code to switch particular menus & toolbars on/off.

Regards,

Jason Bourhill

CAD Concepts
  • oh, thanks for clearing that up.

I do have code to mod this stuff so will polish that up for bcad.

• You can right click on a toolbar (toolbar not pulldown menu), at the bottom on theoption menu
    choose customize, twin lists appear where you switch pulldown menus on or off as you please.
    Hope this is what you're after.
  • Jorg,

What do you mean? I do exactly what you say, but you do not mention which tab should be active.

I see the two columns, but clicking on things does nothing. I tried on both menus and workspace tabs.

It is odd to see the little circles by the items, which makes you think they are like circular check boxes, but none are checked and none can be checked.

I tried right clicking everything I could, I think myself and many others are missing this if you are correct. I'm on version 14.2

• On the left panel you can see the menus currently on display. If you want to remove , right click on

the title right of the little circle and then choose delete. I don't know how to proceed if you want the menus in a different order.

The right panel seems to work differently, it contains only the available tools not menus, so if you want the menu back

you probably have to create it from scratch., i.e. create a new menu in the left panel and then drag and drop the desired

tools from the right panel.

• oh, you mean delete the actual pulldown from the menu. I saw that before, but you would generally not want to do that as you might want to display it later. At least I now understand I am not missing something.

I actually wrote my own workspace manipulation tool a long time ago. It does pulldowns and toolbars, and existed way before acad had workspaces.

I'll shiny it up and try to post.

This discussion has been closed.