Bricscad Communicator V15 failed to import stp/step files

Hello,

When i try to import simple stp files with bricscad it says 'cannot open file'. (communicator v15 also installed with license)
Solidworks (sldprt/sdasm) files work fine but we bought a license so we can import step files.

Anybody know why ?
The 2 files are attached, they have been created with Solidworks 2014 AP203 & AP214

Comments

• For the record, I've been having the same issue with STEP files using BricsCAD V14.2.17 and Communictor V14.   I filed a support request a few weeks ago, but Bricsys hasn't reacted. 

I just downloaded your STEP files, and they didn't open with V14 either.   I think Communicator was just ported over to V15, and no change or bug fixes were made.
  •  I face the same problem. 
    Cannot open step file. Telling me something about missing right or license.
    This happens with BricsCad Window and Mac Version V15

Is there meanwhile a solution?

Uli
  • For what it's worth, I was able to import both 1.stp and 2.step using BC 15.2.08 and Communicator 15.2.02 and the objects come through fine.

I've been using STP import for a while. Molex is very generous in making STP models of many of their connectors available via Digikey. Haven't had a problem with any of them, yet.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Click one of the buttons on the top bar to get involved!