BricsCad 14 - 30 Day Trial Printing Problem

I can print a large format pdf but I can not print anything larger than 8-1/2"x11" on my HP 7610 that uses the HPLIP printing system.

The printer works fine with other software. Is the trial version limited to 8-1/2x11 or do I need to troubleshoot my trial version setup?

If I need to troubleshoot what should I check first?

Comments

• I think the trial version is not limited in any way. It is the regular application with everything turned on. That is, I don't think your printer problem is related to the trial version.

As for what to check, I'm not sure. I'm not familiar with HPLIP. I would look at CUPS settings, or try different things in the BricsCAD page setup dialog.

http://localhost:631/printers/

• I think hplip has its own configuration dialogue - separate from cups.
  • It is strange that all other software prints fine with HPLIP and my HP 7610. BricsCad Linux 12 printed fine on my old system that had Ubuntu 12.

I can also print to a pdf and then print the pdf OK with HPLIP Toolbox.

What is even more strange is that BricsCad shows a print preview that is OK but only prints an 8-1/2 x 11 portion of the print preview. I think I'll just install the new Version 15 trial and see if i have the same problem.

Thanks for your help, guys. I'll let you know what happens.
  • OK. Now I have installed BricsCad 15. The same printing problem persists.

I can not print anything correctly going directly to my HP 7610.

Print preview is perfect but the printed work comes out 90 degrees rotated.

Yes, I did click the "Rotate 90 degrees" option and the printed work was NOT rotated 90 degrees. It stayed the same with 50% off the page.

So from what I can tell my HP 7610 prints fine using BricsCad Linux 11 but will not print when I use v14 or v15.

Does anyone else have the HP 7610 multifunction 11x17 printer?
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Click one of the buttons on the top bar to get involved!