BricsCad 14 - 30 Day Trial Printing Problem

I can print a large format pdf but I can not print anything larger than 8-1/2"x11" on my HP 7610 that uses the HPLIP printing system.

The printer works fine with other software. Is the trial version limited to 8-1/2x11 or do I need to troubleshoot my trial version setup?

If I need to troubleshoot what should I check first?

Comments

• I think the trial version is not limited in any way. It is the regular application with everything turned on. That is, I don't think your printer problem is related to the trial version.

As for what to check, I'm not sure. I'm not familiar with HPLIP. I would look at CUPS settings, or try different things in the BricsCAD page setup dialog.

http://localhost:631/printers/

• I think hplip has its own configuration dialogue - separate from cups.
  • It is strange that all other software prints fine with HPLIP and my HP 7610. BricsCad Linux 12 printed fine on my old system that had Ubuntu 12.

I can also print to a pdf and then print the pdf OK with HPLIP Toolbox.

What is even more strange is that BricsCad shows a print preview that is OK but only prints an 8-1/2 x 11 portion of the print preview. I think I'll just install the new Version 15 trial and see if i have the same problem.

Thanks for your help, guys. I'll let you know what happens.
  • OK. Now I have installed BricsCad 15. The same printing problem persists.

I can not print anything correctly going directly to my HP 7610.

Print preview is perfect but the printed work comes out 90 degrees rotated.

Yes, I did click the "Rotate 90 degrees" option and the printed work was NOT rotated 90 degrees. It stayed the same with 50% off the page.

So from what I can tell my HP 7610 prints fine using BricsCad Linux 11 but will not print when I use v14 or v15.

Does anyone else have the HP 7610 multifunction 11x17 printer?
This discussion has been closed.