Invalid Index

I have a user that has come upon an issue printing or trying to do a page setup. When right clicking on a layout tab and either selecting print or page setup he gets "Invalid Index" error. I can open the same file and I have no issues. He can open an older file and has no issues. any help would be appreciated (BTW he can publish that same file with no issues)

Comments

•  Did the error create a .log file?
  • not sure, I can check. were would it create the file.
  •  If (?) it creates a .log file, it should be in the same directory as the .dwg.
    Are we exchanging dwgs of the same release?
    Have they tried AUDIT?
  • no error log is created and the Audit does not yield any fixes.
  •  Hi Rob,

Did you ever solve the issue? I am experiencing he exact same problem can't plot, preview or view page setup just get "Invalid Index" in command line. Can publish no problems.
  • Dear Ben
    Can you file a support request and attach the drawing to it? We will be glad to investigate what goes wrong.
    Kind Regards

• Hi Ben,

Sounds the same as SR 63039, which I previously raised. BricsCAD fails to run the PRINT command if the PC3 applied to the layout is linked to a non-existent printer (removed, or renamed). The following error is given: Invalid Index. My understanding is the developers are aware of the issue, and working on a fix.

The work around is to either:
    • Install the missing printer that the PC3 is point to
    • Replace the PC3 with a new PC3 one of the same name pointing at a printer you already have installed.
    • Delete/rename the PC3 file. BricsCAD will now show that the printer is missing when your go to PRINT.

Hope this is of help

BTW as Louis has recommended, I would raise a support request. If you use ETRANSMIT it will insure associated PC3 files are included.

Regards,

Jason Bourhill

CAD Concepts 

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Click one of the buttons on the top bar to get involved!