Invalid Index

I have a user that has come upon an issue printing or trying to do a page setup. When right clicking on a layout tab and either selecting print or page setup he gets "Invalid Index" error. I can open the same file and I have no issues. He can open an older file and has no issues. any help would be appreciated (BTW he can publish that same file with no issues)

Comments

•  Did the error create a .log file?
  • not sure, I can check. were would it create the file.
  •  If (?) it creates a .log file, it should be in the same directory as the .dwg.
    Are we exchanging dwgs of the same release?
    Have they tried AUDIT?
  • no error log is created and the Audit does not yield any fixes.
  •  Hi Rob,

Did you ever solve the issue? I am experiencing he exact same problem can't plot, preview or view page setup just get "Invalid Index" in command line. Can publish no problems.
  • Dear Ben
    Can you file a support request and attach the drawing to it? We will be glad to investigate what goes wrong.
    Kind Regards

• Hi Ben,

Sounds the same as SR 63039, which I previously raised. BricsCAD fails to run the PRINT command if the PC3 applied to the layout is linked to a non-existent printer (removed, or renamed). The following error is given: Invalid Index. My understanding is the developers are aware of the issue, and working on a fix.

The work around is to either:
    • Install the missing printer that the PC3 is point to
    • Replace the PC3 with a new PC3 one of the same name pointing at a printer you already have installed.
    • Delete/rename the PC3 file. BricsCAD will now show that the printer is missing when your go to PRINT.

Hope this is of help

BTW as Louis has recommended, I would raise a support request. If you use ETRANSMIT it will insure associated PC3 files are included.

Regards,

Jason Bourhill

CAD Concepts 

This discussion has been closed.