MCAD: configurations design

Hello everybody,

It would be awesome if there was any kind of possibility to do MCAD-configurations design in connection with substracting bodies from a part (e.g. for holes/drills). I don't mind it being a simple solution (even with an extra configuration-dwg-file on its own, I would not mind).

I tried the following without success:

-) Made an extra configuration-dwg-file, insert a MCAD-part (the original design of the part I want to make a configuration from) and substract a cylinder -> does not work, since MCAD-part != ACIS-Solid and can not be used in a substraction command.
-) Added a radius-parameter to a cylinder, substract this cylinder from another ACIS-Solid, insert this whole model as an MCAD-part in another drawing. This way I can change the radius on the inserted MCAD-part (because of the parameter) and I thought that maybe I can also set it to "0" and make the hole disappear, but no, when I do that the parameter has the value "0" but the radius in the model stays the same as before.
-) Searched for a possibility to hide a feature of a MCAD-part via a parameter but did not find any such option.

Can anyone of you folks tell me, whether there is any kind of possibility how to achieve design-configurations with substractions (workaround, trick or anything else)? Thx a lot in advance already.

Best regards,
Stephan

Comments

• Hi again,

The title should have been: "MCAD: design configurations".

Sorry, I am not a native English speaker and noticed it too late. I did not find a way of how to edit it afterwards.

Regards, Stephan
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Click one of the buttons on the top bar to get involved!