MCAD: configurations design

Hello everybody,

It would be awesome if there was any kind of possibility to do MCAD-configurations design in connection with substracting bodies from a part (e.g. for holes/drills). I don't mind it being a simple solution (even with an extra configuration-dwg-file on its own, I would not mind).

I tried the following without success:

-) Made an extra configuration-dwg-file, insert a MCAD-part (the original design of the part I want to make a configuration from) and substract a cylinder -> does not work, since MCAD-part != ACIS-Solid and can not be used in a substraction command.
-) Added a radius-parameter to a cylinder, substract this cylinder from another ACIS-Solid, insert this whole model as an MCAD-part in another drawing. This way I can change the radius on the inserted MCAD-part (because of the parameter) and I thought that maybe I can also set it to "0" and make the hole disappear, but no, when I do that the parameter has the value "0" but the radius in the model stays the same as before.
-) Searched for a possibility to hide a feature of a MCAD-part via a parameter but did not find any such option.

Can anyone of you folks tell me, whether there is any kind of possibility how to achieve design-configurations with substractions (workaround, trick or anything else)? Thx a lot in advance already.

Best regards,
Stephan

Comments

• Hi again,

The title should have been: "MCAD: design configurations".

Sorry, I am not a native English speaker and noticed it too late. I did not find a way of how to edit it afterwards.

Regards, Stephan
This discussion has been closed.